Power button not working as per windows setting (1 Viewer)

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
system was working fine UNTIL i decided to try and setup remote wakeup from s5.
decided to try powerscheduler, failed miserably, now cannot get power button on system or remote to do anything other than put system into hibernate.
disabling power scheduler has had no effect, just want system to shutdown when power button on system or remote is pressed like it used to, probably a registry setting entered by powerscheduler but i can't find it lol
anyone any ideas?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    system was working fine UNTIL i decided to try and setup remote wakeup from s5. decided to try powerscheduler, failed miserably, now cannot get power button on system or remote to do anything other than put system into hibernate.
    In Windows, the action of the system unit's power button, and the action of the remote control's power button, are defined in the power plan. So go to the "Power Settings" in "Control Panel", and use "Edit advanced settings" in the active power plan. There are separate settings for the power button (system unit) and sleep button (remote control). Use the drop-down lists to see the choices. "PowerScheduler" may have overridden the original settings with the values that it thought that you wanted to use.

By the way, if you want to wake your HTPC using the remote control, you have to use sleep (power state "S3"). Only a very few HTPCs can be woken from off ("S5") or hibernation ("S4") using the remote control (requires special hardware and BIOS which most motherboards do not have).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    what i'm saying is, the windows power setting IS set for the power button to power off the system, this is not happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom