Tools and other software PowerDVD 9 released (1 Viewer)

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No. That's only a feature of the PowerDVD Software.

Ropsu80

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Anybody got the DirectShow filter setting for 9 working? they don´t apear on the Directshow filter control... So no option to change audio type...

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Anybody got the DirectShow filter setting for 9 working? they don´t apear on the Directshow filter control... So no option to change audio type...

Hi,i think you need to have PowerDVD installed and then the configuration pannel will show up in MP directshow configuration too (someone correct me if i'm wrong).But u can still configure all the direct show filters installed in your system (only those having a configuration pannel) like this:

1) download GraphStudio from here :RadScorpion’s blog MONOGRAM GraphStudio
    2)Open GraphStudio and click on the "Graph" tab -> Insert Filter -> select the filter you want to configure -> click Property Page and the configuration pannel will show.Please don't mess with "change merit" if u don't know what u are doing

Keep in mind that in this way you dont have to install PowerDVD anymore and u can configure even other codecs.Hope this help you.

Edit:For those using the PowerDVD filters without installing the PDVD soft first unregister the old version of the filter (using the original file) and then overwrite with the new filter version and register it .SAF users advised too;)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Which are the advantages of using the new version? Better picture quality?

Roby

Ropsu80

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi,i think you need to have PowerDVD installed and then the configuration pannel will show up in MP directshow configuration too (someone correct me if i'm wrong).But u can still configure all the direct show filters installed in your system (only those having a configuration pannel) like this:

1) download GraphStudio from here :RadScorpion’s blog MONOGRAM GraphStudio
    2)Open GraphStudio and click on the "Graph" tab -> Insert Filter -> select the filter you want to configure -> click Property Page and the configuration pannel will show.Please don't mess with "change merit" if u don't know what u are doing

Keep in mind that in this way you dont have to install PowerDVD anymore and u can configure even other codecs.Hope this help you.

Edit:For those using the PowerDVD filters without installing the PDVD soft first unregister the old version of the filter (using the original file) and then overwrite with the new filter version and register it .SAF users advised too;)

Thanks for the tip, have to give it a try after the kids go to bed.
    The quality seems to be slightly better than in 8 but it could also be my imagination, the main thing im hoping for in this version is that the audio codec setting stay at S/PDIF constantly without reverting to 2-channel stereo... Will post info as soon as I have tested the codec filters a bit more.

steven83

Portal Member
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi

I've installed PowerDVD 9 Ultra and open Mediaportal Configuration go to television and under H.264 Video decoder there was nothing listed from Cyberlink. I've tried to manual register the cl264dec.ax but nothing happend. MPEG-2 codecs are listed normal. H264 codec was also not listed within sherlock (the codec detective)

kuku

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Same thing here. The H264 codec is not registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom