Tools and other software PowerDVD 9 released (1 Viewer)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
Does anyone know where i can download just the codec without the software? i used to get it here but it seems to be deleted now after v9...

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Which are the advantages of using the new version? Better picture quality?

Roby

Hi,for me the new version has much better picture quality,atleast when used as decoder for TV.

Thanks pretoriano will try it tonight... a couple of questions:

- Is it still possible to configure the codec from inside mediaportal (hw acceleration, ecc.)?
    - Is it better to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one?

Thanks
    Roby

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Some users at the DVBViewer Forum reported also, that the H.264 Codec from the full version isn't usable outside PDVD.
    With the trial version, the codec works without a problem...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have upgraded to PDVD9Ultra, h.264 HD files play fine in it with low cpu (7%), but it is not available as codec in MP config.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Files versions

This are the files versions for the Mpeg2&H264 from PowerDVD 9 (v. 1428).I used graphstudio to find the filter version.

Cyberlink H264/AVC Decoder (PDVD 9) - file version 2.2.0.527
    Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD 9) - file version 8.4.0.205

Both decoders are workin great here on Vista x64 and can be selected from MP configuration,but Cyberlink configuration pannel is not working as i don't have PDVD9 installed.

- Is it still possible to configure the codec from inside mediaportal (hw acceleration, ecc.)?
    - Is it better to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one?

1)For me this is possible only if i have PDVD 9 installed too.
    2)I always uninstall the previous version to avoid eventual conflicts and my recommendation is to do so when testing new filter versions.;)

HDPro

Portal Member
    April 26, 2008
    Cinema Playback Mode

Cyberlink says: "When using Microsoft Windows Media Center, Cinema enables Blu-ray playback."

Anybody going to write a MediaPortal Plug-In for this "Cinema Playback Mode"?

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You don't need any special Plugin for this...

Just setup your Moving Pictures 0.7.2 Plugin to start Blu-Rays with powercinema.exe from your Power DVD 9 system folder...

This works like a charm here... Arcsofts Totalmedia Theatre is also working fine here.

Best Regards
    The_Iceman

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2008
    Arendal
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    hmm, i never tired this, so how does it work? i don't want to add the movie to my library, let's say i rent the movie. Is it just to insert the disc and autoplay it trough moving pictures?

HDPro

Portal Member
    April 26, 2008
    Just setup your Moving Pictures 0.7.2 Plugin to start Blu-Rays with powercinema.exe from your Power DVD 9 system folder...

This works like a charm here...

Thanks for your advice. The plugin, however, does not work with Blu-Ray on my system. Can you tell me what exactly you configured? I have chosen "external player" in "advanced options" but it does not show Blu-Ray discs or start PowerDVDCinema.exe. DVDs are at least shown on screen but playing seems to be handled with the internal player...
    :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom