PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (3 Viewers)

CGT

Portal Pro
January 8, 2012
CGT said:
Ok, I tried to install via the "Open" command from within the MPEI. I receive the message "Error in script: Could not stop tvservice". But in the end it says that PS++ has been successfully installed. Then I receive a .NET Framework error message:
PS++ does not show in the Extensions Manager but I can configure it in the servers configuration. By the way: When I click the server config it tells me that TV service is not running and if I want to start it - although the PS++ installer said it could not stop tvservice...​
I think that something is broken with your configuration. Please stop the TV service, uninstall PS++, stop the tv service and then reinstall PS++ with MPEI. If this should not work for any reason, I would recommend you to reinstall MP.

Is there another way to stop TVService than task manager? Because this didn't work for me, it just doesn't stop but as I said the config says it has to be re-started.
Can I uninstall without the MPEI (cause it doesn't show up there...)?

LKA

Portal Member
February 26, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
CGT, I have had a similar problem. Try to deactivate TVService in services, restart your PC and check status of TVService. If its deactivated than start uninstaller of PS++. Start your PC again and install PS++.

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I have another question, did PowerScheduler++ no longer prevent the suspend if I'm currently recoding something? Because in the prious version of MP (1.2.3) with PowerScheduler++ it was prevented. So if I press the suspend button on my remote control MP makes a suspend and interrupt my recoding.
Regards,
Invisible
Nothing changed - please provide logs!

Michael

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK, that didn't work.

When I resumed my PC, MP was frozen and I had to kill it via TaskManager. Then I couldn't get it load anymore without disabling the PS++ client plugin. I'd cleared the link to the batch file from the Advanced tab but I eventually found that I had to kill TVService and restart it and now MP loads OK again.

Attached the logs from doing a Debug Launch with PS++ client plugin enabled. I eventually had to kill it as it just hung at "Loading plugins".
Your resume.bat command does not terminate (starting at 18:55 and still not finished at 19:05) and since PS(++) server plugin waits for command termination it cannot react on the PS++ client plugin. Whatever is done in your batch files should be short (not longer that some seconds). If you have longer running tasks, you should start a separate process ("start xyz") and terminate the batch without waiting for its completion.

Michael

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi michael_t

here are my TV-Servie log. I did a test again the active recoding is stoppted when I press suspend on my remote control. Test point 27.07.2013 at 19:45:08

Regards,
    Roman

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi michael_t

here are my TV-Servie log. I did a test again the active recoding is stoppted when I press suspend on my remote control. Test point 27.07.2013 at 19:45:08

Regards,
    Roman
    Your PS++ server plugin is disabled...

Michael

Invisible

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi michael_t

thanks for the answer, but I have enabled the PS++ and also have chechked all values in the tabs. I uninstalled the PS++ and tested it with the normal PS and then installed PS++ again and also tested it again. I have added the TVService log only for these few tests, perhaps you find the issue. Because on both PS and PS++ my PC goes to suspend but I have an active recoding. The curious is that on both test the debug comment "PS: System is busy and should not go to standby" is ducumented shortly before it goes to suspend :( .

PS test piont: 10:24:49
    PS++ test point: 10:26:01

Regards,
    invisible

One more comment:
    In the PS++ Wakeup/Suspend Status overview it always documented correct. If I have a recording it's documented that the TVScheduler prevent the suspend.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure what happened here or if the PC had just woken or stayed awake from earlier but I wasn't able to tune into any channels and had to stop the TVService and restart it. Can you tell from the logs if this is connected to PS++ at all? If not, I'll report it as a general bug but I thought I should check here first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom