PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (5 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Whilst it normally wakes up OK when I wake it manually (with the power button on the case), this evening the PC woke automatically to do a recording and I couldn't get the screen to come up by pressing buttons on the remote. I had to switch my wireless mouse on and wiggle that to get it back.

Any ideas about that please?

Last edited:

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
May 21, 2008
ijsselstein
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
How to install this on a dedicated tv server. With no extension installer?
Tried to open with an installer but it gives me a red triangle of incompatible.
Tv server is 1.4 but power scheduler says it it is lower see picture
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372755622.531161.jpg

How to fix this?

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
How to install this on a dedicated tv server. With no extension installer?
Tried to open with an installer but it gives me a red triangle of incompatible.
Tv server is 1.4 but power scheduler says it it is lower see pictureView attachment 132114

How to fix this?

As michael_t told me : Installing also a MP client to get the MPEI working. Client do nothing on the tv server but it's an easy way to get plugin up to date.

Same thing for TVWishList plugin.

Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Whilst it normally wakes up OK when I wake it manually (with the power button on the case), this evening the PC woke automatically to do a recording and I couldn't get the screen to come up by pressing buttons on the remote. I had to switch my wireless mouse on and wiggle that to get it back.

Any ideas about that please?
A PC that wakes up automatically (e.g. because of a scheduled recording) keeps its display and sound disabled unless it recognizes any activity on a HID (human interface device like mouse, keyboard, ...). Many remotes are not seen as HID by Windows, so pressing a remote button is not counted as user activity and the screen remains dark...

Michael

Last edited:

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
May 21, 2008
ijsselstein
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hmmm only possible when doing a clean instal. Just not going to do that.
Any other options? Why does it say I have previous version and not 1.4?

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
A PC that wakes up automatically (e.g. because of a scheduled recording) keeps its display and sound disabled unless it recognizes any activity on a HID (human interface device like mouse, keyboard, ...). Many remotes are not seen as HID by Windows, so pressing a remote button is not counted as user activity and the screen remains dark...

Michael

Ah OK, thanks. I recall I had to mess around with my Emprex remote and use EventGhost, so it's probably not installed as a HID. Is there perhaps a way to get EventGhost to send a command to wake up the display and sound when I press a certain button?

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks michael! Thank you twice. First for the good answer, it sounds good to help me. Second for beeing not (visible) angry with me because I had some very angry minutes last night.

To clear it up: i cant find PS++ in the MPEI, not in "installed" and not in "known" Extentions. I dont know why i cant find it. I downloaded the package manually and tried to install. Then it complained its already installed (1.4 installed, 1.4 to install). That was the point I gave up last night.

Now I will continue at that point and HOPEFULLY my settings are preserved.

Thanks again, for your answer, for the plugin, for the whole good work!

I did, as I mentioned above - and it works - and all my settings are still there!
    Thanks michael!

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Michael

Ah OK, thanks. I recall I had to mess around with my Emprex remote and use EventGhost, so it's probably not installed as a HID. Is there perhaps a way to get EventGhost to send a command to wake up the display and sound when I press a certain button?
    EventGhost must just simulate a key press or a mouse move...

Michael

PS: Is your remote supported by MediaPortal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom