PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (6 Viewers)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So it does not matter if this information packet gets lost when the server is not yet awake.

OK!
    But in case of resume it seems that the client plugin is waiting for something.
    Waking the client PC with enabled PS++ plugin slows down the wakeup for at least 20sec. I have measured this and It seems to me that the log shows the same ...

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Michael_t, since i update to MP 1.4 final, i have problems when my system goes to sleep mode, bevor all works fine but now after your plugin or my remote send the sleep mode command, it can be that my htpc hangs after the display is black, i think all is off the activity led is not pulsing only the power led shines. Then the only thing i can do is to shut him down with longer tiping on the power button on my case. I have logs from Mepo and my Event Log from Windows maybe you can find something was went wrong. Its not everytime, but very often for example, first shut down works, the next after wakeup don't work and my system hangs.
    There are lots of logs covering a long timespan. At what day / time did it happen that you computer did not go to sleep but stayed on with the power led still on and you had to shut it down?

Michael

Sorry i forgot to give the time for that issue. It happens in the last view days. Yesterday, weekend all in july.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry i forgot to give the time for that issue. It happens in the last view days. Yesterday, weekend all in july.
    Don't you have an exact time for me? It is very tedious to go through all those logfiles and try to guess when it might have happened...

Michael

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will have a look at home and give you more exactly details. You can look at my second file fehler.txt this errors are log' ed from Windows time around 15 and 20 a clock.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So times i know, ‎08.‎07.‎2013 um 22:59:14 go to sleep mode after recording has finished,
    09.07.2013 06:35:56 im wakeup for go to work and see that my htpc is hanging,
    ‎09.‎07.‎2013 um 17:56:11 shutdown with my remote Power Button how was set to send the system to sleep.
    09.07.2013 18:24:39 starting my system with long power button click after the system hangs again.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe its an problem with the MCE Standby Tool, that i need bevor mepo have fixed issues with S3 / S4. I have exit the tool and all works fine 2 times. After restart set in ps++ the tool starts again, and than there was the is, so i think mce is the error in this constellation. So no i deinstalled the MCE tool and will have a look, i hope this was it. I will give feedback, when i have test this.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @michael_t

Just thought you might want to know that MalwareBytes Anti-Malware seems to think the PS++ installers are trojans ;)

I know they're not but maybe you want to get in touch and let them know that they're misidentifying them as such.

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2\9b9bc24e-69ca-4abc-8810-f8f95bd4bbe6\1.3.0.2\9b9bc24e-69ca-4abc-8810-f8f95bd4bbe6.mpe2 (Trojan.Clicker.M) -> No action taken.

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2\9b9bc24e-69ca-4abc-8810-f8f95bd4bbe6\1.4.0.0\9b9bc24e-69ca-4abc-8810-f8f95bd4bbe6.mpe2 (Trojan.Clicker.M) -> No action taken.

Link to original thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mbam-detects-trojans-false-positives.120350/#post-1011635

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So after i deinstalled the MCE StandBy Tool all works fine now some days nothing happend this issue, so i think after fix from mp1.4 the tool is not more needed and make the issues.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I too have recently upgraded to Mepo 1.4 (DJBlu's SKY version), but am experiencing two issues:

1) On resume/wakeup MePo hangs (see attached logfiles for example, it happens approx. 08:46am). It appears when it wakes, it then tries to suspend again?

2) The "run external command" is not always executing on suspend/sleep - do you think this might be a timing issue as my system sleeps quick, so the script might not have time to run - but I would have hoped the first part of the script would have run at least?

Many thanks,

J.

Attachments

• MePo.zip
      290.5 KB

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,
    I too have recently upgraded to Mepo 1.4 (DJBlu's SKY version), but am experiencing two issues:
    1) On resume/wakeup MePo hangs (see attached logfiles for example, it happens approx. 08:46am). It appears when it wakes, it then tries to suspend again?
    2) The "run external command" is not always executing on suspend/sleep - do you think this might be a timing issue as my system sleeps quick, so the script might not have time to run - but I would have hoped the first part of the script would have run at least?
    Many thanks,
    J.
    PS++ (and thus the MP client) waits until the external command is finished. Since your command seems to take a while (or the suspend is too fast) it continues when the system is up again and when the command is finished MP continues its suspend code.
    I adopted this synchronous execution of the external command from the original PowerScheduler server plugin and implemented it for the client, too. Now it seems that this is a problem...
    I made a test version that does not wait for termination of the external command and I would ask you to run it and give me feedback. But this will not fix your problem with the long execution time of your command. If I remember right, processes have only 2 seconds time from the suspend event till the sysytem is suspended. If this time is not enough for you, you need another solution.

Michael

Attachments

• PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.1.mpe1
      215.7 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom