PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.x - Stable versions for MediaPortal 1.4 (2 Viewers)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
When I click the Speaker Symbol in the windows tray before suspending it shows an unmuted LG TV as audio device which is connected via HDMI. After going to away mode it still shows the same device but muted. Does this verify your theory? Do you know how to solve this?
I could send you a new version of PS++ with extended logging to see what is going on on your system. Maybe we just have to wait longer until the LG TV is reconnected after away mode and can be unmuted...
I am still suffering from my script not completing in time (as you stated your fix wont solve that), but I still have the issue with my script continuing to run after the going to sleep and then resume (I can see you are trying to kill the external script on resume, but there is an exception thrown - so the kill might not be working?)
Thanks for reporting this issue. I will fix it in the new test version of PS++ announced for CGT.

Michael

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

If it helps I do the following:

powercfg -lastwake|findstr "USB\ROOT_HUB"
    if errorlevel 1 (
    echo HTPC not woke by remote >> "%logfile%"
    ) else (
    echo HTPC woke by remote >> "%logfile%"
    echo turning on TV and Amp >> "%logfile%"
    )

The above detects if my HTPC was woken by the remote control (any USB based device, as opposed to internal wake timers for recordings or reboots)

J.[DOUBLEPOST=1374048531][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi Michael,

Just for a heads up, I am also experiencing intermittent muting issues on resume too. :(

Is the source to PS++ easily available?? I wouldn't mind a look (not that I will understand it), but I'm curious to see if I can try and get the system to enter away mode instead of suspend, then run the power script, then leave awaymode/suspend.

Thanks,

J.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

If it helps I do the following:

powercfg -lastwake|findstr "USB\ROOT_HUB"
    if errorlevel 1 (
    echo HTPC not woke by remote >> "%logfile%"
    ) else (
    echo HTPC woke by remote >> "%logfile%"
    echo turning on TV and Amp >> "%logfile%"
    )

The above detects if my HTPC was woken by the remote control (any USB based device, as opposed to internal wake timers for recordings or reboots)

J.[DOUBLEPOST=1374048531][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi Michael,

Just for a heads up, I am also experiencing intermittent muting issues on resume too. :(

Is the source to PS++ easily available?? I wouldn't mind a look (not that I will understand it), but I'm curious to see if I can try and get the system to enter away mode instead of suspend, then run the power script, then leave awaymode/suspend.

Thanks,

J.
    I did not provide sources to the plugin repository since I now changed to git. But you can find the same code in the EXP-Replace_PS_by_PS++ branch for MP1 in github.

Michael

CGT

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2012
    CGT said:
    When I click the Speaker Symbol in the windows tray before suspending it shows an unmuted LG TV as audio device which is connected via HDMI. After going to away mode it still shows the same device but muted. Does this verify your theory? Do you know how to solve this?​
    I could send you a new version of PS++ with extended logging to see what is going on on your system. Maybe we just have to wait longer until the LG TV is reconnected after away mode and can be unmuted...
    That'd be great :)

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @CGT @Jay_UK
    New test version available:
    - Tries to kill external process if still running after resume (but this will not work always - I think not for cmd scripts)- Tries to unmute the audio device for a longer time after resume / return from away mode and gives additional debugging output

Michael

Attachments

• PowerScheduler++ 1.4.0.1.mpe1
      215.7 KB

CGT

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2012
    Hi Michael, thanks for the updated version. I attached a log file, unfortunately the problem still exists...

Above this you might see that the computer does not go to Standby after the 5 minutes which it is configured to. I think it is the fault of "[DRIVER] FileSystem\srvnet" Do you know what this is and how I can prevent it from preventing Standby? :D

CGT

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2012
    Hi Jay_UK, thanks for your tip!

I tried this
    And under media streaming - blocked all - and that did the trick! I don't know if there's another way to allow streaming and enable sleeping, but for now, beats running all night long after waking for a time update etc... :)
    but the media streaming is already deactivated on my HTPC.

Then I tried
    AFAIS, the only way to disable this service is through the services MMC.
    Run services.msc, select "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service", double click it, and select for Startup type: DISABLED.
    After that, no more \FileSystem\srvnet and Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings\Share media with devices is grayed out.
    But no success either....

Finally, I tried this links (http://forums.windowsforum.org/index.php?showtopic=46205) recommendation to suppress the process via "powercfg -requestsoverride driver \FileSystem\srvnet system" but was not successful either :(

See another log attached.

Further ideas anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom