PowerScheduler plugin 0.1 (wakeup/hibernate) (2 Viewers)

johnbobjamesson

Portal Pro
June 17, 2004
Crailsheim
mama: You're right, for that only hibernation via the off button would be a suitable solution.

fred: Okay, something funny. I checked the logs. According to the log, MP wakes my system up at the correct time and starts recording after my system went to suspend to ram mode (S3). It actually doesn't wake the system up, just the RAM is still alive so I guess MP "thinks" it's still alive. I see a log entry at the correct time, but nothing happens. When I then restart the system by hand, it starts recording.

When I do it with hibernation (save to disk, no ram is alive), your plugin wakes the computer up right on time. Now, I like hibernation because it doesn't use that much power, but I would like to have the choice... Any idea why my system is so freaky? Has anyone else tried it with Suspend to Ram?

J.

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
I´ll try it later, but if it works, you´ll get a huge hug! (and helzmann too of course) ;) :D That´s what I asked for or searched for a long time.

A

Anonymous

just a thought,

fred's plugin works great (go sleep and wake up for recording), just the little known bug that during playback the timer of the auto-hybernate-plug will sent MP go to sleep...... so that we have to deactivate the plugin during playback till fred found any solution!

My question:
...is it possible to use the X-Button from the skin and/or just any key to toggle (activate/deactivate) fred's Auto-hybernate-and-wakeUp plugin?
Or would a restart of MP be needed to take effect? :roll:

doit4u

A

Anonymous

doit4u said:
i wrote before:

fred's plugin works great (go sleep and wake up for recording), just the little known bug that during playback the timer of the auto-hybernate-plug will sent MP go to sleep...... so that we have to deactivate the plugin during playback till fred found any solution!

the shutdownmode "None" in combination with "WinXP built-in Hibernate" does not work (for me)!
1) it does NOT go in hibernate/standby
2) NOR it wakes up
a) from manual Win-hibernate
b) even if MP-HomeWindow is still there, it does NOT Start the recording!
:?: :?: :?:
doit4u

johnbobjamesson

Portal Pro
June 17, 2004
Crailsheim
doit4u said:
the shutdownmode "None" in combination with "WinXP built-in Hibernate" does not work (for me)!
1) it does NOT go in hibernate/standby
2) NOR it wakes up
a) from manual Win-hibernate
b) even if MP-HomeWindow is still there, it does NOT Start the recording!

Same here. Even when you have the hibernate shutdown mode enabled and hibernate your system yourself, the wakeup timer won't work. If you then wake up your system manually - the shutdown timer tells you it's expired and hibernates the system again. The latter I can understand with ease, the first is strange - why doesn't the plugin wake your system up when you hibernated manually? It's set to a specific time, isn't it?

J.

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
I tried it as far as I remembered what was written there:

1. unzipped poweroff.
2. made a shortcut to poweroff.exe on C:\ and named it "hibernate.lnk"
3. added hibernate behind the path mentioned in shortcut
4. Tried it -> worked
5. Opened topbarhome.xml
6. deleted the entry "99" and changed it to the path of the shortcut

When I press the button now, nothing happens. Not even poweroff is started (looked in the taskmanager). I tried to enter the path with and without ".

Is there something I forgot?

jroe2001

Portal Member
August 20, 2004
6. deleted the entry "99" and changed it to the path of the shortcut

The mp-forum.de is down at the moment, but so far as I remember, please do the following:

6. change entry "99" to the path of the shortcut and use the following tag: <application>

hth - Jens

edit:
Should be the following:

<application>c:\path\to\hibernate.lnk</application>

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Nice to see so many people interested. I will do my best to fix the bugs and get the plugin out of beta-land as fast as I can.

I will now try to bring you some light over this "None" option - which btw is experimental.

OK, the windows inbuilt standby/hibernate as well as the one in the plugin uses the be-nice-ask-first kinda way to go into sleep. Even if asked nicely some TVcards do prevent the system from going into sleep. Thats why the "None" opition also disables any TVcard. The problem is that when (if :shock: ) powered up the TVcard is still off and has to be initiated again in order to start recording - I will try to have this solved in the next beta.

I think that in the next beta the nice/rude shutdown, TVcard On/Off options will be configurable.
Also the "not at home shutdown" bug will be fixed.

Hopefully I will have the beta:2 out in a couple of days.

/ Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom