1.15.0 PowerScheduler plugin -- Standby before the timing set (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello guy's, i have myself an issue with PowerScheduler.
    i explain my situation
    MultiSeat with dedicated TVserver ( nothing else on server )
    my TV-server is alone, (never connected to Keyboard / mouse or wire external screen, except for maintenance when needed "bios, ... " )
    i have set 20 min on Windows and Powerscheduler between the last "MP Client" activity and the Server send in sleep mode.
    my Server don't respect this delay, and the server shutdown in an delay of 5 min average after last MP Client activity.

I don't have log to share, because not at home.

Edit :
    Moved to new thread
    Add log & capture of setting.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
      Capture3.JPG
      34.4 KB
    • Capture2.JPG
      Capture2.JPG
      34.3 KB
    • Capture1.JPG
      Capture1.JPG
      68.9 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i have set 20 min on Windows and Powerscheduler between the last "MP Client" activity and the Server send in sleep mode.
    my Server don't respect this delay
    The PS time setting does not have any effect unless the option for PS to force standby is also enabled.
    In your case, force standby is not enabled so the the PS time-out has no effect.
    [edit: The setting name is "put computer to sleep...". It's no surprise that the setting would have no effect unless you have also configured PS to put the computer to sleep! ;) ]

So, for your current settings...
    Windows will try to suspend the system after it has been idle for 20 minutes.
    While a remote client is active, PS will prevent Windows automatic suspension.
    When remote client becomes idle, PS will prevent Windows automatic suspension for 2 extra minutes ("grace period").
    If there is no new remote client activity after 2 minutes, PS will allow Windows to suspend the system.

If you want PS to prevent Windows from suspending thing system for 20 minutes after the last remote client activity then you must enable the PS force standby option.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...uler_forces_system_to_go_to_standby_when_idle

Very simple.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Very simple.
    tested this setting long time ago, and when was checked, my computer will be send in sleep mode, when clicking on "Apply"
    i re-enabled the option, i hope it's the trick, because when i need to do maintenance on MP-CLient, until MP is not started, my TVE go in standby, and it must always use WOL.

Thanks MM.

edit : using Remote Acces, will "Pause" the sleep timer, with the option enabled ?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello guy's
    i think found an solution for solve my issue of short timing for an 100% server use.
    it's the : "System unattended sleep timeout" setting

Power Options - Add "System unattended sleep timeout" - Windows 7 Help Forums

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\8EC4B3A5-6868-48c2-BE75-4F3044BE88A7

Attributes DWORD

1 = Hide "Console lock display off timeout"
    2 = Show "Console lock display off timeout"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom