powerscheduler preventing sleep (1 Viewer)

stanleywinston

Portal Member
October 7, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi
I've been having long running sleep issues with my main pc that has mp 1.5 client and tvserver running on it. Basically, if the powerscheduler plug in is enabled, the thing just won't sleep.
I want it to go to sleep after 15 mins of inactivity and wake if another client connects or if there is a scheduled record. At the moment I've got it set to plug and play mode with 15 minutes in the timer but I'm sure I've tried just about everything in expert mode at some point or other.
There doesn't seem to be anything under 'standby prevented by' when I check. powercfg shows nothing of interest and I even tried utilising pwrtest and in that the idletimer countdown will actually drop below zero.
I've gone through the pre release version of 1.5 and then the proper 1.5. I'm actually currently looking at the pre release 1.6 but it's still not sleeping.
Incidentally, if I put it to sleep it's just fine, it just won't sleep without me telling it to

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Maybe you have a driver that keeps MP from going to standby? I have that problem and I need to check "Powerscheduler forces system to go to standby" under advanced.

stanleywinston

Portal Member
October 7, 2013
Home Country
Thanks for that. I have tried that setting before but it seemed to result the machine going to sleep when I was using it. Would driver that keeps the machine awake not show up in powercfg?

stanleywinston

Portal Member
October 7, 2013
Home Country
Hi I've attached TV service logs from a 6 hour period (is that the log that you need). There are some recordings in there but I would have expected some sleep at some point. This is back on the plug and play 15minute setting

stanleywinston

Portal Member
October 7, 2013
Home Country
Hi thanks for the reply. I thougjt that the legacy driver call is not there all the time and is simply the TV card in use (I think for EPG grabbing). I'll check what state everything is currently in but I've certainly tried requests override previously (this has been going on for weeks so I've tried a lot of different setups). Would that explain why disabling the powerscheduler plug in allows sleep? I'm sure in that log there are periods when there is nothing preventing sleep but it still does not sleep. I'll try again this evening and report back/attach logs

stanleywinston

Portal Member
October 7, 2013
Home Country
Whilst the pc will now sleep initially it seems it won't if it has been active with TV playing. I've attached logs that show there is no longer any driver preventing sleep, and windows sleep is set to 15 minutes

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Just a tick to say that I have sleep (actually hibernation as my m/b won't suport sleep properly) problems for 1.5 and now 1.6.

Used to hibernate/wake fine under 1.4 but I never did get it working under 1.5 (with the integrated[?] PowerScheduler++).

I can manually hibernate (inside or ourside MP) and it will even wake up, but just leaving it on the Home or on the Desktop screen, it will sit there forever.

Is definitely something MP related as I have a backup (JUST prior to MP install) and that hibernates perfectly.
    (No HomeGroup either, totally disabled/removed on all my PCs - dumb idea Microsoft.)

As I've only just installed 1.6 (not using it properly yet) I haven't investigated this, still "misery loves company". So it's nice to know others have similar problems (sorry guys).

Probably restore my backup and see what I can see that might change in the install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom