powerscheduler preventing sleep

Discussion in 'General Support' started by stanleywinston, November 26, 2013.

1. stanleywinston

stanleywinston Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    I've been having long running sleep issues with my main pc that has mp 1.5 client and tvserver running on it. Basically, if the powerscheduler plug in is enabled, the thing just won't sleep.
    I want it to go to sleep after 15 mins of inactivity and wake if another client connects or if there is a scheduled record. At the moment I've got it set to plug and play mode with 15 minutes in the timer but I'm sure I've tried just about everything in expert mode at some point or other.
    There doesn't seem to be anything under 'standby prevented by' when I check. powercfg shows nothing of interest and I even tried utilising pwrtest and in that the idletimer countdown will actually drop below zero.
    I've gone through the pre release version of 1.5 and then the proper 1.5. I'm actually currently looking at the pre release 1.6 but it's still not sleeping.
    Incidentally, if I put it to sleep it's just fine, it just won't sleep without me telling it to

• Missing System Logs and/or Specs Missing System Logs and/or Specs x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MrCrabs

MrCrabs Portal Pro

Ingenieur Maschinenbau / mechanical engineer
    Ratings:
    +129 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Maybe you have a driver that keeps MP from going to standby? I have that problem and I need to check "Powerscheduler forces system to go to standby" under advanced.

4. stanleywinston

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    Thanks for that. I have tried that setting before but it seemed to result the machine going to sleep when I was using it. Would driver that keeps the machine awake not show up in powercfg?

5. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

regeszter Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,151 / 18
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    If you want to support pls. upload your logs.

6. stanleywinston

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    Hi I've attached TV service logs from a 6 hour period (is that the log that you need). There are some recordings in there but I would have expected some sleep at some point. This is back on the plug and play 15minute setting

7. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

regeszter Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,151 / 18
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
  8. stanleywinston

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    Hi thanks for the reply. I thougjt that the legacy driver call is not there all the time and is simply the TV card in use (I think for EPG grabbing). I'll check what state everything is currently in but I've certainly tried requests override previously (this has been going on for weeks so I've tried a lot of different setups). Would that explain why disabling the powerscheduler plug in allows sleep? I'm sure in that log there are periods when there is nothing preventing sleep but it still does not sleep. I'll try again this evening and report back/attach logs

9. stanleywinston

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
  10. stanleywinston

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Home Country:
    Whilst the pc will now sleep initially it seems it won't if it has been active with TV playing. I've attached logs that show there is no longer any driver preventing sleep, and windows sleep is set to 15 minutes

11. JDWestoby
    • Premium Supporter

JDWestoby MP Donator

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Just a tick to say that I have sleep (actually hibernation as my m/b won't suport sleep properly) problems for 1.5 and now 1.6.

Used to hibernate/wake fine under 1.4 but I never did get it working under 1.5 (with the integrated[?] PowerScheduler++).

I can manually hibernate (inside or ourside MP) and it will even wake up, but just leaving it on the Home or on the Desktop screen, it will sit there forever.

Is definitely something MP related as I have a backup (JUST prior to MP install) and that hibernates perfectly.
    (No HomeGroup either, totally disabled/removed on all my PCs - dumb idea Microsoft.)

As I've only just installed 1.6 (not using it properly yet) I haven't investigated this, still "misery loves company". So it's nice to know others have similar problems (sorry guys).

Probably restore my backup and see what I can see that might change in the install.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!