PRE/POST record times cause schedule clashes for same named recordings. (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    All recent SVN's to 13019

When a schedule with the same name follows directly after another schedule it fails to start until the 'post recording' time of the first recording has finished.

'LIFE on MARS' is on BBC 1 from 21:00-22:00 and then on BBC4 from 22:00-23:00 with a 4min post recording .

BBC 1 recording correctly ended at 22:04 BUT BBC4 recording didin't start at the correct time 0f 22:00 but not until the first recording had ended (plus processing) at 22:05.

AxelSt

Portal Member
    December 2, 2005
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you can workaround this error until it is fixed by not using the "get them all" recording. If you schedule the episodes one by one, every episode will be recorded with pre and past recording times even when they overlap.

Axel

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    From further testing the problem doesn't affect when 'record all on same channel' is used .

FUTURAMA is set up to record like this and pre/post have worked fine.

The problem is now just with the 'record all on all channels' and this is as the post above shows the effect.

I know about the limitations and workarounds, it is just that this bug needs to be squashed even if the occurance is very rare.(ie not many countries have program material shown on different channels that is identical)

AxelSt

Portal Member
    December 2, 2005
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    strange. I have made lotsa tests with "Married with children". There is always a double episode two times a day on the same channel. And in my case I do not get proper pre/post recordings as soon as I use the "get all ..." no matter whether it is "get all on all channels" or "get all on this channel".
    Only when I schedule each episode one-by-one (without "get all..."), it works fine.

Axel

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    That is odd.

I wonder if the naming of the schedule has an input into the problem.

ie Schedules with a single word (like FUTURAMA) are fine but schedules with multiple words in the name aren't!!!

AxelSt

Portal Member
    December 2, 2005
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yeah. let's vote for "Married with children" being renamed to "Al" or "nomaam" or the like :)

But seriously: I have the feeling that the problem already happens when the recording is planned by the "get all " feature. When I schedule the episodes one-by-one, I always get the conflicts-dialog when using pre- and post recording times. That is clear, because the episodes are on the same channel. When I click away this dialog by selecting "keep the conflict", everything is recorded well.
    When I schedule the recordings with "get them all" I don't get this dialog. This is also clear because there would be multiple dialogs for every appearance of the double episodes on that channel. So my suspicion is, that the scheduler on its own athority selects another alternative from the list of possible conflict-solvers.
    If that is true, the simple fix would be to take "keep conflict" as the default selection automatically chosen by the "get them all" algorithm.

Axel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom