Preparing for Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

Tucker76

Portal Member
February 5, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
mm1352000,

I check the client config, and yes, Power Scheduler had been enabled. I disabled it, re-enabled it, clicked on OK and closed the MP configuration program. I opened MP, scheduled a recording, put Win 10 to sleep, and waited. The appointed time came and went, but Win 10 didn't wake. I'm running the pre-release version, 1.12 of MP 1

Do you know where MP puts the task scheduler entry in the Win Task Scheduler? I have never been able to find that "Start Service" entry, even after scheduling a recording and putting the system to sleep, then manually waking it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I check the client config
    As previously mentioned:
    you must enable the PowerScheduler plugin in both MediaPortal and TV Server configuration

When it comes to waking for recordings: if anything the server PS plugin is more important than the client plugin.

So again: have you enabled the PS plugin in both MP and TV Server configuration.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    When it comes to waking for recordings: if anything the server PS plugin is more important than the client plugin.
    For waking up to record something ONLY!!! the TVServer plugin is relevant. The client plugin simply is to prevent a shutdown while using an MP client. So you don't need the PS client plugin at all to do sheduled recordings. That's why this is working in MP2 too. There is no PS client plugin for MP2 available as it is not neccessary due to build-in features of MP2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom