Pressing STOP on remote doesn't stop TV (1 Viewer)

scythelt

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 0.2-svn
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo-wide
Windows Version: XP-Pro SP2
CPU Type: Intel Core2Duo T5600
HDD: Seagate 250Gb
Memory: Corsair 1Gb
Motherboard: Abit IL-90MV
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Intel GMA950
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Realtek TrueHD
Sound Card AC3: Optical
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: DNTV Live Hybrid LP
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD6
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD6
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC19
Cooling:
Power Supply: Silverstone external 120w
Remote: Harmony 880
TV: Samsung R series 32"
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

When in fullscreen watching livetv pressing the "stop" button on the remote doesn't work.

To stop the tv stream instead I have to drop back to the My TV main screen and either click the "TV On" button to turn it off, or press the "stop" button on the remote.

It's funny that the stop button on the remote *works* when in MP menus with the tv stream windowed, but when in fullscreen it refuses to work. Could be a focus issue?

I'm using the standard MCE remote btw.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Its never worked like that from the remote, it sounds like you will have to propose an improvement rather than a bug :)

Cheers
    GeoV

scythelt

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Seriously?!

Just from the point-of-view of consistency across the interface, this would be a welcome improvement.

It already works like this in myvideos/mytvseries so it would make sense to have similar behaviour for watching tv.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Bug or not I would rather the stop button didn't stop the TV in any GUI screen.

Imagine the number of problems with loosing the whole timeshift just because you accidentaly hit the stop button.

There goes the film you paused or maybe the F1 race aswell. It also takes less than a nano second for a small child to press every button on a remote, they exist multidimensioanaly when they arer under six years old.

I would be much happier with the specific GUI switch we have at the moment for safety reasons.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I agree here, don't like the idea of loosing my time-shift buffer. Its a NO! from my side.....sorry:oops:

scythelt

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Bug or not I would rather the stop button didn't stop the TV in any GUI screen.

Actually pressing stop in the TV Home screen does stop the tv as expected - you would expect the same behaviour in fullscreen would you not?

I'm simply looking at it from a consistency and usability perspective.

I understand concerns regarding loss of the timeshift buffer, however you have to be pragmatic - if a user presses the stop button, you have to expect they want the tv to stop - right? You can't cover every possible eventuality and if a stop button is pressed accidentally, then that's the way it goes. I don't see any reason to restrict additional functionality because something may happen accidentally.

My argument is simply that if the stop button works as expected in the tv home and tvguide screens, then I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work the same way when in fullscreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom