Preventing Duplicate Recordings (1 Viewer)

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Is the option in MediaPortal 1.1.3 TV Server to prevent duplicate recordings based in Episode Num/Title working?

I have it selected & have checked the DB. My titles, season & episode nums are being populated, but I'm still getting duplicate recordings??

I can see nowhere in the log files if there is a check for duplicates.

Thanx
    Hein

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    hmm, must be just me then...

I find it pretty sad to have to install a 3rd party recorder (4therecord) to fix something as simple as this

Cheerz
    Hein

jzhtpc

Portal Member
    August 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    its not just you im having the same issue and was hoping someone would shed some light on the fix.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

@Hein: giving us a little more time to respond before you write us off would be appreciated. ;)

Is the option in MediaPortal 1.1.3 TV Server to prevent duplicate recordings based in Episode Num/Title working?
    The answer to that is a big *yes*. :)
    My first question would be: what are you using as the "episode key"? Obviously this check can only work if episode info is available in your EPG data (@jzhtpc: are you sure your EPG data has this?) and the *older* recordings are (1) in your database and (2) have episode information for them as well. Are you able to check this?

mm

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    mm1352000: Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude :)

I double checked my DB - episodeName, seriesNum, episodeNum & episodePart are all populated correctly in both program & recording tables.

Thanx

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Heina

I double checked my DB - episodeName, seriesNum, episodeNum & episodePart are all populated correctly in both program & recording tables.
    So that particular program that was in your logs is now in the DB twice with the same details? What was the answer to the "episode key" question?

I may be able to give you a debugging binary that will show you why the duplicates are not being picked up...

mm

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    Yes, there are 2 entries in the recordings table, both with the same correct details. I use the episode number option, but have tried the title option as well.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Heina

The final condition that is required is that the old recording exists in the place indicated by the database. If you've moved or renamed it then that would explain why TV Server records. Assuming you haven't done that and the files do exist, please use the the attached TvService.exe with debug included to attempt to record a duplicate episode. Beware: the logs may be long as I am logging every comparison made (so your whole database will be listed in the logs for each recording).

Instructions for use:
    1. Stop the tvservice process.
    2. Take a backup of the TvService.exe in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the attached TvService.exe into your TV Server install folder.
    4. Start the tvservice process.
    5. Attempt the recording.
    6. Provide me with the tv.log as before.

mm
    :)

Attachments

• TvService[1.1.3_duplicate_recording_debug].zip
      66.9 KB

jzhtpc

Portal Member
    August 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    (@jzhtpc: are you sure your EPG data has this?) and the *older* recordings are (1) in your database and (2) have episode information for them as well. Are you able to check this?

wow clearly media portal has a step learning curve i think i need to spend some more time finding out what the requirements are and if everything matches. im using schedules direct for my info so i would have thought with a paid service it would be pretty seamless

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    thanx mm1352000.

I have since moved to 4TR, but I will try to make time time this weekend to roll back to MP TV server & test using the debug server. Hopefully we can help some other people - like jzhtpc :)

Cheerz
    Hein

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom