Preventing Duplicate Recordings (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are there any news on this issue?
    I think it's a pretty crucial part, of what Media portal does. I'm suprised it haven't been fixed yet.

Well, much better to have two copies of the same recording than none!

This sort of feature relies heavily on the quality of EPG data. Not all EPG providers give episode number info, for example.

Ultimately, this will be fixed when someone from the relatively small development team finds time among their other commitments to fix it, or when a community member fixes it.

Evzen

Portal Member
    February 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    But isn't that crazy? Installing an extra plugin instead of fixing a bug? Especially if the fix exists already...

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    But isn't that crazy? Installing an extra plugin instead of fixing a bug? Especially if the fix exists already...

Don't sweat it, all in good time... This the nature of community projects like this.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Don't sweat it, all in good time... This the nature of community projects like this.

According to the comments on GIT, this fix has issues with the logic and needs checking by another developer. I have added a comment to mantis to try to push this.

Please remember, none of us get paid and we all have jobs and families.

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

According to the comments on GIT, this fix has issues with the logic and needs checking by another developer. I have added a comment to mantis to try to push this.

Please remember, none of us get paid and we all have jobs and families.

I certainly did not mean to sound ungrateful. I'm very happy with the project, and can understand that it is a community project.
    I appreciate people putting their free time into this.

I don't suppose there are any plugins that can clean up my recordings?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Has this not been fixed yet? I'm using 1.2.3 and I cannot stop duplicate recordings. WebEPG seems to store the correct tags (SERIESNUM and EPISODENUM) but I still get duplicates. TV.log says this when a duplicate recording starts:

Code:
    2012-10-05 00:17:13.303113 [scheduler thread(34)]: Scheduler: Check recordings for schedule Red Dwarf...
    2012-10-05 00:17:13.318713 [scheduler thread(34)]: Scheduler: Schedule Red Dwarf (4.1.) had already been started - expect previous failure and try to resume...
    2012-10-05 00:17:13.318713 [scheduler thread(34)]: Scheduler: Time to record Dave HD 00:17-01:00 Red Dwarf

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    I still have duplicates in 1.2.3 as well. I have not had a chance to look into why it happens.

It would be great to see a patch go in place. It would also be nice if we could use the filename to figure out if the episode is a duplicate as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom