Operating System Preview MKVs in Windows? (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ok, then try this, download filmerit (link in sig) run it find the 2 codecs shown in the graph, unlock the padlock button to do a repair, and change the merit of the named filters to do not use. save and close, now see if it switches to xvid for dx50\mp4 files.

The only other choice you have is to use mkvmerge and change all you avi's to mkv's (takes 30 - 50 seconds per hour file).

I did this a little while ago and so far no problems, except PDVD will not play them but WMP11 does, along with MPC and VLC players.

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Aha! I downloaded Filemerit, used their "magic button" to sort out all my registry errors (I had 12!) and voila, it works! Thanks so much for all your help, this is an incredible forum with very helpful members, and I'm very grateful.

:D

My next challenge will be to get subtitles working with DXVA, by integrating the new MPC into MP. That's much less major and important, though, and doesn't belong in this thread. Thanks again!

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hmm... got another question and this seemed like the most apt place to post it, although it's technically off topic compared with the original subject of this thread. :sorry:

Basically, I've just done a fresh install of Windows 7 build 7057 (x64), and installed the shark007 codecs (along with the x64 components, and "QTLite for VCP"). All works fine, but I'm not sure about a couple of things:

1. Can I "safely" install PowerDVD 9 Ulra, for Bluray playback, without affecting my installation of shark007's codecs?
    2. Do shark007's codecs already provide DXVA acceleration for MPEG-2 and DVDs? If not, I'll need to use the PowerDVD codec, right?

Thanks. I did ask this question over at shark007's MSFN forums, but got no reply. I figured I might as well ask here as I'm used to this forum, and I've already got a thread open anyway.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Can I "safely" install PowerDVD 9 Ulra, for Bluray playback, without affecting my installation of shark007's codecs?

Yes, have tried PDVD8\9 with no problems, but with 9, the cyberlink h.264 codec was for me not selectable in MP.

Do shark007's codecs already provide DXVA acceleration for MPEG-2 and DVDs? If not, I'll need to use the PowerDVD codec, right?

For mpeg2 dxva, then the PDVD codec is recommended.

HTH

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hey. Another problem has cropped up that I hope you can help me with :sorry:

I've got PowerDVD installed and working great, and am using its codec for my MPEG-2 decoding (including DVD) in Mediaportal. Now, when I play a DVD, picture works great but there is NO SOUND!

I've tried using the ffdshow audio decoder and the Cyberlink audio decoder, but to no avail. Thing is, when I play a video out of MyTV-Series, or Moving Pictures, it works fine! It's just DVD that refuses to play. Wierd, eh?

I used to use the MPC-MPA for audio decoding, but I see it's not installed with the Shark007 codecs. Is it worth finding and installing it? I'd rather not, as I don't want to "mess up" the codec pack I've installed. And it seems it should be able to do it, anyway, since it does everything else.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    used to use the MPC-MPA for audio decoding, but I see it's not installed with the Shark007 codecs. Is it worth finding and installing it? I'd rather not, as I don't want to "mess up" the codec pack I've installed. And it seems it should be able to do it, anyway, since it does everything else.

Just tried it here, dvd's works fine with ffdshow, have you got default sound device selected under DVD settings (should have), that's the only thing that I can think of, might be worthwhile running MP in windowed mode play dvd and use graphedit to see what filters are being used to render video\audio.

Throwing more codecs into the pot is never a good idea.

Use the MP logs collector under your start menu to create logs and upload and attach using the advanced + feature.

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I would, but I can't get proppage.dll to register on my new Windows7 installation. It keeps saying:

Proppageerror.png

:(

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    So if you enable the Start\run type "regsvr32" and drag the proppage.dll from the open system32 folder to the run command it does not register it.

Then Win7 still needs some work done to it.

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Also, getting back to the original subject of this thread :eek:, I'm still having trouble getting some of my MKVs to preview in windows explorer. I'm assuming it's 'cause they're huge files (1280x720p and about 2.15 GB each), but surely there must be a way to make it work, even if it means going through a manual process? Sorry to be such a pain, but I just like things to work! (It's my own fault for starting out as a Mac user, I guess).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom