3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MS DTV-DVD
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MS DTV-DVD
h.264 Video Codec: MS DTV-DVD
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Zeelandnet (Cable)
HTPC Case: D-Vine
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
TV: Sony LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

Hi,

I've 'recently' installed a tv-card in my htpc, and I'd like to map the channels so I can use some sort of EPG, even for analog tv. The problem is, virtually all of the channels (about 90%) only show a number instead of a channel name after scanning.

Now I don't (really) mind entering the names for each channel manually, but ofcourse I have to know which channel it is! So I thought I'd use the preview button in the TV-server config tool. (TV-server configuration -> TV Channels -> Preview)

Unfortunately, it pops up with a blank window. Sound works ok, but no video. Just to be clear: only in the preview window, watching TV in MP is fine. Can anyone help me with this?

I tried to open the graph in GraphStudio, but it doesn't even show up as a graph! BTW, I tried several codecs like ffdshow, but that didn't help.

:D

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can't talk for your channel names, as I know nothing about your national supplier (it might be worth finding someone with the same national flag against their name and sending them a PM asking them if it is a characteristic of your service provider).

When you say you have codecs installed, are they configured on your client? What video codec are you using? Have you tried SAF? (see HTPC Hard/Software section of Forum and look at the Codec thread).

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/738562-post117.html

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi SherlockS

Preview relies on having codec merits set up correctly on the server. The issues are discussed relatively often (example: here). I recommend you either use something like Filmerit to manage the codec priorities on your server or use MP to test. Installing LAV may help as I think it automatically uses quite high priorities, however that is not 100% guaranteed to work if you have other codecs installed.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom