Problem after coming out of sleep (1 Viewer)

Mike Porter

Portal Member
January 26, 2018
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys im hoping someone can either help me or point me in the right direction.
Ive set up mediaportal 2 on a DELL Optiplex with 4 gb of ram and an i3 dual core 3.3ghz processor with a 500gb HDD.
Everything is working beautifully but when the computer gets woken up by Mediaportal most of the "items" (recordings tv scedule etc) are missing, its just blank where they used to be.
If I go into TV it tells me that "no media device is present" even all the imported films (from my server) are missing. There is nothing in it at all.
Ive tried closing down Mediaportal and starting it again and it still isnt there, It need to have the whole computer re-booted for everything to show up.

Any ideas would be very helpful as im a newbie to this.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

most of the "items" (recordings tv scedule etc) are missing,
    When the server tiles are not visible, it means that your client is not connected to the server. Now I assume that you run what we refer to as a single-seat setup, i.e. both client and server running on the same physical machine.

Any ideas would be very helpful as im a newbie to this.
    Could you please set your log level to debug (see Wiki), then put your PC to sleep, wake it up again and the collect logs and upload them here.

Mike Porter

Portal Member
    January 26, 2018
    Home Country
    HI,

I had trouble putting my computer to sleep. I found out it was the "Legacy Kernal Caller" driver. So I entered this command in the command prompt "powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "Legacy Kernel Caller" SYSTEM" the computer now sleeps, and when it wakes up it has everything on the program working, except I cant watch any TV stations with it now, it just doesnt give a picture or audio.

Ive uploaded the debug logs for you to look at, any help you can give me will be very appreciated

Mike

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-01-27-14.05.56.zip
      886.8 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    and when it wakes up it has everything on the program working, except I cant watch any TV stations with it now
    Does this also happen after a fresh start?

From the log I suspect that some ports are not correctly opened in the firewall settings:
    [2018-01-27 13:46:59,481] [43609 ] [DVB EPG timer] [ERROR] -
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.0.19:31456

Something is messed up. You can verify if it is really some missing port setting by deactivating the firewall and giving it another try. If it then works, do a repair install (Uninstall MP2 from the WIndows control panel and then select the Repair option). Alternatively uninstall completely and reinstall. Your data and settings in MP2 will not be touched.

Mike Porter

Portal Member
    January 26, 2018
    Home Country
    Hi,

I noticed that I still had a previous version of mediaportal on my machine so the first thing i did was to uninstall that.
    I then re-booted and went into programs and repaired MP2.
    After this I stopped the firewall and put my machine to sleep, after 5 minutes I started it again and everything worked properly.
    Then I restarted my firewall and put my machine to sleep over night and this morning nothing worked in mediaportal again so I collected another debug zip file.
    Please find it attached.
    I really do appreciate your help with this, thank you.

Mike

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-01-28-08.33.57.zip
      1 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, one or more firewall rules are missing. Rather than trying to repair this setup, I suggest that you uninstall MP2 and then reinstall the software. This should put you into a defined state and set the rules as required.

Mike Porter

Portal Member
    January 26, 2018
    Home Country
    HI,

Ive uninstalled mp2,re-booted the machine and re-installed mp2, put my machine to sleep and this morning when I woke it up the problem is still there.
    Ive attached the zip file for you.

Mike

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-01-29-10.31.28.zip
      1.5 MB

Mike Porter

Portal Member
    January 26, 2018
    Home Country
    So last night I turned my firewall off and put the computer to sleep and when I woke it up this morning I still have the same problems. Ive attached the debug information.

Mike

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-01-30-10.09.11.zip
      1.2 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I turned my firewall off and put the computer to sleep and when I woke it up this morning I still have the same problems.
    Alright, it then has nothing to do with the firewall rules.

According to the system event log your system returned from sleep at 6:46 this morning. However the application event log is full of messages before this time, and so is the MP2 server.log. In other words: your system was doing something and was not asleep.

I am puzzled though why the system event log displays a resume from sleep at 6:46, while the logs display activities before this time. For example at 2:08 a Windows service was installed on the system. When did you put your system to sleep?

Lastly the MP2 server service crashed at 8:19...

Mike Porter

Portal Member
    January 26, 2018
    Home Country
    I left the computer last night and found out at 6.45 it didnt sleep so I put it to sleep at 6.45

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom