Problem after coming out of sleep (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    and put the computer to sleep
    found out at 6.45 it didnt sleep

(n):whistle:

The logs that you provided were collected after the crash. We have seen situaitons where people reported instability during media imports. Please make sure that xour imports are all completed and then test again to check if you still have the same resume troubles. If issues are then gone, I am optimistic that the import issues will be healed in the next version. If the problem pertains we need to keep looking what is going wrong on your system.

Mike Porter

Portal Member
    January 26, 2018
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK,

When it sleeps during the day I dont seem to have this issue, im not sure if its the length of time its asleep.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    im not sure if its the length of time its asleep.
    Intel has something that is called "deep sleep". Indeed the CPU is effectively entering deeper sleep states after some time and putting the PC to sleep for say 5 min is not the same as leaving it for 5 hours.

What you could check in parallel is if your motherboard manufacturer offers BIOS updates and/or if new drivers are available for your network and graphics hardware.

Mike Porter

Portal Member
    January 26, 2018
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Ive now updated all the drivers in my machine and also the bios is now the most uptofate one that Dell has, I woke the machine after about 5-6 hours sleep and its still giving me the same result. Ive attached the log files.

Mike

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-02-01-11.09.06.zip
      1.2 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom