Problem characters are not being replaced by Remapper (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Changelog for 3.4.1: Replace some quirky characters before inserting data into database, prevents bad rendering of fonts in GUI.
    I am still getting issues in v 3.4.2 :( especially with the right single quotation that Word often uses :mad:

RightQuote.jpg

Taken from : http://www.alanwood.net/demos/ansi.html which is the easiest conversion chart I have found (so far ;))

Here's some recent episode examples:
    • Supernatural s08E17: Goodbye Stranger
    • Cult: S01E05: The Kiss
    Both display correctly in Trakt 2.7.0 (right quote is correctly converted to single quote)

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Dadeo, are you sure your database has had a refresh of that episode? It reads from the database, so if the entry has not been refreshed then it will not have the translated string.

You can test by doing a delete from database and then re-import or do an Update from the Actions menu (first case those is a sure bet).

Not all characters are replaced but most of the common trouble makers are:
    http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/source/browse/trunk/MP-TVSeries/Helper.cs?spec=svn2001&r=2001#95

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yeah I can see you try to replace those, but it isn't working for me for some reason. I deleted Cult: S01E05: The Kiss from the db and re-imported it and still have the same issue :( Most of the recent cases are since I installed v3.4.1/2. Odd that the replacement works in Trakt but not TVS :confused:

Can't see much in log about it but attached it anyways just in case ;)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Will see if I can reproduce with those episodes Dadeo, maybe the replace method is not being called for some reason.

Trakt handles it differently as it calls it every time it publishes to skin, in TVSeries we just persist the updated string to the database so when its read we dont need to do anything before publishing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom