Problem creating my own channel group

Discussion in '0.2.0.0 Release Candidate 3 Release and CVS Bugs' started by claudio_l2005, March 28, 2006.

1. claudio_l2005

claudio_l2005 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Windows Version: XP SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
    Memory: 512 MB
    Motherboard: Asus A7V600-F
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA
    Motherboard Bios: AWARD Asus 1003
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 9250
    Video Card Driver: 8.221.0.0
    Sound Card: Soundmax Analog Devices
    Sound Card AC3: coaxial out
    Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.3663
    1. TV Card: Skystar 2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.2
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR150
    2. TV Card Type: analog
    2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.35.23258
    Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
    Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Hotbird 13E
    HTPC Case: Cooler Master
    Power Supply: Cooler Master
    Remote: Microsoft MCE
    TV: Philips bsure SV1
    TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

HI,

after tuning eutelsat 13E, a certain number of channel groups are automatically created. With RC2 I was able to delete the groups and create my own group where put the main Italian channels like Rai1,2,3 rete4 etc.
    Now it is not possible anymore. If I delete the automatically created group, I lose any reference to those channels that where in that group, without having any possibility to recover that channels.

This happen for some channel and not for other. In particular, I lose rete4, canale5, italia1 and not Rai1,2,3.
    All channels are still present in the channel list, but I lose any possibility to join any group for that channels.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Taipan
    • Team MediaPortal

Taipan Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    If you first create the new group, assign the channels from the automatically created groups, and then delete the automatically created groups, does that work for you?

This is the process I use, and it works fine in RC3....:)

4. claudio_l2005

claudio_l2005 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No way.

That was working with RC2 in my case. As you know, there are two types of group. The deletable group and the not deletable one.
    The channel I was speacking about, are only in the deletable "mediaset" group and from there is not possible to move any channel to the my new group. If I delete that group, some channels came back to the "undeletable" mediaset group and from there I can move to the destination group.
    For other channels coming from the deleted "mediaset" group, no way, they are lost. I'm not able to get them anymore.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!