Problem grabbing program discriptions in DVB EPG (1 Viewer)

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

I know I have posted this bug before, but nobody have confirmed this bug and I can't see a bugreport about it in Mantis.

Problem 1:
Program discriptions will only be grabbed when pressing "refresh epg" in TV-server module

Problem 2:
Program discriptions will only be grabbed for 2 days (the next 5 days there are no program discriptions - only the program names)

Problem 3:
When the dvb epg is automaticly updating the epg no programdiscriptions are grabbed.

Im only grabbing dvb epg via danish dvb-t using a hauppauge nova-t card (pci).

/Nyll

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Problem 2:
Program discriptions will only be grabbed for 2 days (the next 5 days there are no program discriptions - only the program names)

Well, problem 2 is now solved.... I've found out, that danish dvb-t only broadcasts the program discriptions for the current day and the following day. http://www.recordere.dk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11037&KW=programbeskrivelse

I hope, that Gemx new EPG feature is solving the rest of my problems...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/dvb_epg_added_template_based_naming_epg-t28207.html

/Nyll

munk

June 26, 2007
Hi,

I've experienced more or less the same, except I never see any descriptions, not even for today/tomorrow.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I grab EPG from somewhere else than DVB?

Thanks.

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I never see any descriptions, not even for today/tomorrow.

That's also true for me, except I see discriptions for today/tomorrow if I reset the epg by pressing "refresh epg" in TV-server. But after two days the epg doesn't update discriptions.

Should I grab EPG from somewhere else than DVB?

Try using xmltv. Here's a guide:

1. Download XMLTV from sourceforge (and put the xmltv.exe in ...mediaportal\xmltv\ together with the grab-file for your country (fx tv_grab_dk)

2. configure xmltv by entering the following in the command prompt:
xmltv tv_grab_xxxx --configure (where xxxx is the initials of your country)

3. Create a batchfile with the xmltv command line to generate a tvguide.xml
xmltv tv_grab_xxxx --output c:\....\xmltv\tvguide.xml

4. Create a windows Scheduled task that runs once every day to execute the batchfile. In the "run-line" type fx.:
"C:\Programmer\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\XMLTV\xmltv.exe" tv_grab_dk --output tvguide.xml

5. Configure the xmltv tvserver plugin with the directory of the tvguide.xml

6. Every time the batch file is executed, the tvserver will import the tvguide into MP

7. Enjoy the updated tvguide in MP with program discriptions.

Remember, that the epg is only updated correctly, when the name of your existing channels match exactly with the names in the tvguide.xml file. Do they not match, you'll have to edit the channel-names in tv-server setup.

Remember, that the xmltv import function only works if the tvguide.xml file is grabbed by xmltv. O2grabber, webepg (as far as i know) does not work together with this import function.

Remember, if you don't get any data into the epg, remember to uncheck the channels under tv-stations - tv epg grabber. Then "refresh epg" to erase the current data in your epg - Then run xmltv again to create a new tvguide.xml file and wait 1-2 minutes for tv-server to import the tvguide.xml file. Then it should work.
Good luck! Any questions - feel free to ask.

/Nyll

Cybertex

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
Milano
Home Country
Italy Italy
Remember, that the xmltv import function only works if the tvguide.xml file is grabbed by xmltv. O2grabber, webepg (as far as i know) does not work together with this import function.

TVGuide.xml created by WebEPG works well in TVServer. I'm currently using this solution with no side-effects. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom