Problem installing with Medion DVB-T/DVB-S card (2 Viewers)

beebodo

Portal Member
February 15, 2006
Germany
MP recognizes my cards without adding the lines to the capture card definitions xml. I can choose between 4 cards: analog sw, analog hw, digital sw and digital hw. But if I choose the digital ones MP says "Unable to create graph for this device". When I add the lines to the cardconfig-file nothing changes. I still can't tune any digital channel and I still have 4 cards to choose between.

TIM: When you added the lines it seems to me that something has changed in your configuration, hasn't it?

What is meant with the part that the settings in the new lines are for DVB-S? What must be changed for DVB-T?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    *booked*
    Can't figure out GraphEdit

My card
    Philips SAA7134 PCI AV Decoder (Medion) - SW-based TV & radio

I'm running 0.2RC2 (latest CVS)

beebodo

Portal Member
    February 15, 2006
    Germany
    Finally I got the card working.
    For me the trick was to use harlekins1 settings in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml and do change the devid to the information from the windows hardware information.
    At the beginning there were some hangings while changing channels and I had no picture like Tim says but at the moment it works quite stable with 0.2RC1(!).

Now I'm facing new problems with the integration of PVR Scheduler and the DVDquality etc. But i hope I can solve these too with this forum.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    beebodo: You have the same card I have... it's a SW-card.
    You should state witch ver. of MP you are running.

In case of MP 0.2:
    If you have a old CVS (prior nov. 2005 I belive), the card is fully supported. The support was initially removed around nov., and now, at last, SW-cards are supported again :D - but they have to be re-added.

D-MAN: You are a gure here, and I salute your work. However, for us "mortal-numptys" GraphEdit is hard to figure out (even with you guide). Thanks a lot anyway! - We can argue about the "2.8 GHz or faster"-issue some other time!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well, finally my card is "supported"

Code:
    <capturecard commercialname="Medion 7134 (Analogue)" capturename="MEDION (7134) WDM Video Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7134&amp;subsys_000316be&amp;rev_01">
        <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
        <tv>
          <interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
          <filters>
            <filter cat="tvtuner"		name="PhTVTune"							checkdevice="true"/>
            <filter cat="tvaudio"		name="MEDION Cap7134 TV Audio"			checkdevice="true"/>
            <filter cat="crossbar"		name="MEDION Cap7134 Crossbar"			checkdevice="true"/>
            <filter cat="capture"		name="MEDION (7134) WDM Video Capture"	checkdevice="true"/>
    		<filter cat="videncoder"	name="CyberLink MPEG Video Encoder"		checkdevice="false"/>
    		<filter cat="audencoder"	name="CyberLink MPEG Audio Encoder"		checkdevice="false"/>
    		<filter cat="mux"			name="CyberLink MPEG Muxer"				checkdevice="false"/>
          </filters>
          <connections>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"		sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar"		sinkpin="%tvtuner%"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner"		sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio"		sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio"		sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar"		sinkpin="%audiotuner%"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="crossbar"		sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture"		sinkpin="0"/>
            <connection sourcefilter="crossbar"		sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture"		sinkpin="1"/>
            <connection sourcefilter="capture"		sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder"	sinkpin="0"/>
            <connection sourcefilter="capture"		sourcepin="3" sinkfilter="audencoder"	sinkpin="0"/>
            <connection sourcefilter="videncoder"	sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux"			sinkpin="0"/>
            <connection sourcefilter="audencoder"	sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux"			sinkpin="1"/>
          </connections>
        </tv>
      </capturecard>

But in Setup -> Television -> Capture cards -> Edit i get this message;

Unable to create graph for this device!!

Anybody got any ideas?

beebodo

Portal Member
    February 15, 2006
    Germany
    The capturecarddefinitions.xml that worked in DVB-T mode for me is:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <capturecards>
    <capturecard commercialname="Medion SAA 1731 DVB-T" capturename="713x BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_000916be&amp;rev_d1">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
    <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="713x BDA DVBT Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    <filter cat="capture" name="713x BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>
    </capturecards>

As said before the important part was to adjust the devid to what windows tells you in the details about the device in the hardware-information.
    Sorry I don't know the correct words because I have a German version of windows.

In my case: PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7133&SUBSYS_000916BE&REV_D1\4&2FA23535&0&30F0 had to be translated to devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_000916be&amp;rev_d1"

With this setting the 0.2.0.0 RC2 works quite stable, even though I don't get 5.1-digital DVD sound at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay said:
    Well, got a bit closer.... no error messages, got sound but no picture (black).

Dman (big thanks again :)) and me tried this again today. It's caused by a limitation of the CyberLink Encoders. They switch the default video format back to MPEG1, we can only use MPEG2. So we need a setting somehow to tell the Encoder to use MPEG2. I'll try to find a solution, but otherwise I think there's no chance. To get this card/encoder combination to work.

Feel also free to search the net yourself, Okay! You could also look through the registry or "hidden" config files on your PC...

Maschine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom