Problem Loading EPG for BBC RB 1 (6390) Channel using XMLTV sourced from EPG Collector (1 Viewer)

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Suffolk
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
From what I saw from an old TVService.log file (with my amateur interpretation), was that the import was working up until about the 15th December, and I'd not noticed the problem until the 8-10 days (so I assume) ahead EPGC collection exhausted (for the ITV HD channel) as it was about the 25th Dec (give or take a day) that I noticed the ITV HD problem. As far as I could tell, I'd not updated or modified any XMLTV plugin config, or any MP config for that matter. I'd also rebooted my PC (as I do leave it "on" for a week or so at a time) once I'd noticed the problem so I'd have hoped/expected that any config would have been saved or set back to config settings stored on my HD.
The EPGC collection seems to delete the old tvguide.xml file before creating the new one so I'm not convinced that it was looking at a different folder. ...and I don't have any copies of this file in any folders in this \Team MediaPortal\ path.
That said, something subtle and reproducable (until setting the log to debug) is causing a problem somewhere and it'd be interesting to know what and where. In the mean time, if the debug setting fixes it then I'm happy to keep using it. I'll keep in touch if anything similar happens again with this or any other channel.
Regards, Rob

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Setting the log level to debug cannot make any difference to a problem such as this. It is 100% out of the question. However, restarting the TV service can make a difference. A restart can cause configuration changes to be picked up, which in turn can lead to resolution of previous issues. That's why I said what I said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom