Problem: MC2XML XMLTV Plugin Imports Channel Data But Not Program Data (1 Viewer)

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I noticed you said you mapped 3 channels is that because you used a .lst file and is that something i should be doing or is that truly optional?

I've been tinkering for the past week and still have no progress on this problem. I'm thinking of waiting for windows 7 media center -- I mean Media Portal is great but without a TV guide its useless for TV. I switched from MythTV .20 (user since .17) to media portal but I've never gotten TV guide to work on any version of Media Portal 0.98 to present. I feel like I'm so close this time but don't know what to do next.... :(

The only issue I heard of with this is that if you have a non-existent channel mapped it stops it working.
I would recommend decreasing the variables and do some sanity checks.
First try mapping only 1 channel. (Pick a standard commonly used channel).
If it fails then reduce your downloaded guide to that 1 channel only and try again.
Remember to hit that save button and then ok or the mapping will be lost.
(my first id10t error was not realizing to hit SAVE and then OK).

ShinZan

Portal Member
May 18, 2008
Thanks

I will try that, I have already tried doing an import on only one channel by using the .chl file.

I will now try to limit the tvguide.xml to only one channel and try to import only that channel.

Thanks for the advice -- I need plenty! But believe you me I have read so many media portal forum posts about the save button on the plugin gotcha that it is one mistake i will not make!

David

ShinZan

Portal Member
May 18, 2008
Well sanity checks performed and here's the unfortunate results:

First I created mc2xml.chl and put the number 24 in there (thats USA Network so i figured it was a popular network to use)
I then deleted my mc2xml.dat file and started over with the command

mc2xml -c us -g 25801 -o tvguide.xml

This brought up the gui and i hit ok and it downloaded the tvguide for 1 channel

So i downloaded 1 channel with 338 programs.

Next i went into the xmltv plugin and hit load/refresh. As expected all 75 channels popped up red except for 24 which was USA network which had automapped. I hit Save on theimport on the mappings tab and then import on the settings tab.

1 channel imported
0 programs

I even went so far as to delete all channels except FOR 24 (USA) so that i could then map one channel in the tvguide.xml to 1 channel in the actual list results

1 channel imported
0 programs

When mapping the chanel 24, i noticed that there were 5 options for the channel a

1) 24....
2) Satellite....
3) USA .....
4) 24 Dish Net ......

and i of course tried all 5 saving each time and hitting import with no joy.

Is there ANY other setting somewhere that could affect this such as any EPG settings in general settings or anywhere else? It seems like this should bypass all that EPG stuff but I'm grasping at straws here.

I throw my hands up in defeat. I just can't figure this out :(

I stumbled across this thread which seemed promising but no luck epgStream.net Support Forum • View topic - mediaportal importing channels but not programs
could there be a problem with the xmltv.dtd file i have could someone post working xmltv version for me?

I've tried .45 .50 .56 including the xmltv.exe and xmltv.dtd

Any gurus out there ??

David

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    could there be a problem with the xmltv.dtd file i have could someone post working xmltv version for me?

here is my xmltv.dtd, I had to rename it xmltv.txt to be able to add it as attachment, rename it xmltv.dtd

and here is a working tvgide.xml file for a ref

Attachments

• xmltv.txt
      30.6 KB

ShinZan

Portal Member
    May 18, 2008
    Thanks it was worth a try buy no go still. The tvguide.xml file i have is confimed working earlier in this post so i dont think its the actual xml file so I think we've succesfully eliminated mc2xml or the tvguide.xml itself as the problem. I did however try your tvguide.xml and dtd together to be thorough. Results:
    10 channels imported
    0 programs imported (after mapping my channel 24 to one of the random channels in your tvguide.xml and hitting save then import.

I think its now pretty for certain that it must be something to do with:

xmltv itself or
    xmltv plugin

anyone have an older version of the xmltvimporter.dll? I have version 1.0.2.22555

Thanks for the help guys even though it didn't work I definitely don't feel abandoned!

David

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country
    Thanks it was worth a try buy no go still. The tvguide.xml file i have is confimed working earlier in this post so i dont think its the actual xml file so I think we've succesfully eliminated mc2xml or the tvguide.xml itself as the problem. I did however try your tvguide.xml and dtd together to be thorough. Results:
    10 channels imported
    0 programs imported (after mapping my channel 24 to one of the random channels in your tvguide.xml and hitting save then import.

I think its now pretty for certain that it must be something to do with:

xmltv itself or
    xmltv plugin

anyone have an older version of the xmltvimporter.dll? I have version 1.0.2.22555

Thanks for the help guys even though it didn't work I definitely don't feel abandoned!

David

Hmm your DLL is a different (older) build to mine!
    Perhaps you are using an older build of 1.0.2, but how?
    My DLL is 1.0.2.42495
    :confused:

ShinZan

Portal Member
    May 18, 2008
    AH HA!!!!!

I was thinking something along those lines. I completely uninstalled my old RC version and even made sure the program files\ didn't have a media portal folder but I have no idea why my dll is an older version. I reinstalled the beta then uninstalled it then i reinstalled the 1.02 Stable version.

If you could post a copy of your xmltvimport.dll that would be LOVELY. Sounds like i need the latest build of the dll not an older one!

David

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country
    AH HA!!!!!

I was thinking something along those lines. I completely uninstalled my old RC version and even made sure the program files\ didn't have a media portal folder but I have no idea why my dll is an older version. I reinstalled the beta then uninstalled it then i reinstalled the 1.02 Stable version.

If you could post your version of the .dll that would be lovely Sounds like i need the latest build of the dll not an older one!

David

Top marks for figuring this one out.
    If the dll is an 'old' build then some of the other MP files are probably the wrong build too.
    I recommend a full uninstall and clean up the old MP folders. Then fresh install.
    After the install I would verify the build version of the DLL.
    If still bad then let me know and I will gladly send my full 1.0.2 zip package.

I never do upgrades, I always do clean installs.
    Always rename or delete the old
    Program Files \ MP
    Documents and Settings \All Users\App data\MP after un-install to ensure a clean install.
    Clean up the registry too HKLM \ Software \ MP​

Also I never install the SVNs on a production system.
    They have a nasty habit of including old DLLs etc.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I hate to disappoint you but here is my xmltvimport.dll from my working MP 1.0.2 version and it looks like it is the same version you already have....

Attachments

• XmlTvImport.zip
      30.6 KB

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    EDIT: Just looked at the properties page for the file again. The version is 1.0.2.22555 and the Assembly version is listed as 1.0.2.42495 .....:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom