Problem: MC2XML XMLTV Plugin Imports Channel Data But Not Program Data (1 Viewer)

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
EDIT: Just looked at the properties page for the file again. The version is 1.0.2.22555 and the Assembly version is listed as 1.0.2.42495 .....:(

My bad. I have the same.
It must be some other file that is off.
As the the xml file works for other people, then logically it has to be a problem with the software on his PC.
I would want to know that all the latest OS service packs, .NET, library and updates are installed.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    O.K. something very basic, not to through you off or lead you down the wrong path but I vaguely remember having an issue when I started using MP and set up the EPG that no programs were imported when I had a time offset listed. The time zone correction had to be set to zero, or use tvguide time. The system time had to be correct and the date had to be accurate. Just make sure that date, time, time zone, are all correct on the machine and leave the default settings on the xml import and config page…

moab

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2008
    California
    Home Country
    O.K. something very basic, not to through you off or lead you down the wrong path but I vaguely remember having an issue when I started using MP and set up the EPG that no programs were imported when I had a time offset listed. The time zone correction had to be set to zero, or use tvguide time. The system time had to be correct and the date had to be accurate. Just make sure that date, time, time zone, are all correct on the machine and leave the default settings on the xml import and config page…

I recall that issue. I never encountered it myself.
    Just to emphasize I use all default settings for MP.
    The XMLTV plugin for me has been one the few totally rock solid pieces of MP, which is why ShinZan's issue is buggin the heck outta me.

BTW I would stop all AntiVirus, Anti Malware software, Windows FW services. These can always throw a wrench into the works.
    You might want to turn on detail logging of errors.

ShinZan

Portal Member
    May 18, 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by winterescape View Post
    O.K. something very basic, not to through you off or lead you down the wrong path but I vaguely remember having an issue when I started using MP and set up the EPG that no programs were imported when I had a time offset listed. The time zone correction had to be set to zero, or use tvguide time. The system time had to be correct and the date had to be a

I read a few posts about that (I feel like a resident expert on xmltvimport problems past and previous from everything i've read lol) I tried setting the offset to 0 1 -1 on off and all permutations in between but it didn't help my problem I will have to check the regional settings and timezone and ntp settings when i get home to be thorough though.

I will also clear out all my logs and repost full tv and mp logs when i get back home. The TVlog on page one of the thread is pretty indicative of my errors with the improperly formatted espisode numbers not importing and it pretty much fills up the log with those types of things. MP logs don't say anything when i do an import (which i didn't expect them too i figured it would be a tv server log) But i did look earlier in them. I tend to agree it must be some sort of software error but what is killing me is the fact that i have completely uninstalled multiple times and reinstalled different versions with the same problem. It may well be time to scrap the os but i just hate to do that, cause this is my 1tb extreme media box with frets on fire, stepmania, tons of vids, and it would just take a good full day to redo it. I did recently pickup a nice Dell Studio with vista (i know 7 is right around the corner) but i couldn't pass this deal up, so maybe its just the way it is :(

Now as far as detail logging is that a mp feature that youre talking about? How do i enable that? Also i did track down an older version of xmltvimporter.dll (Damn i've wasted some serious time on this problem -- but such is my mania, my desire to have it work) and it didn't help i got channels and no programs--just an FYI. My biggest fear is reinstall and it not work but logically thats silly i suppose since everyone else has it working it seems.

David

ralphj77489

Portal Member
    November 2, 2005
    Missouri City, TX USA
    Hi ShinZan

I noticed in the post that included a screen shot of xmlt mapping that the group box was empty. Tick that box and select "allchannels" and see if that will make a differenc.
    I have never been able to get the info to load without a group being selected. Good luck.

ShinZan

Portal Member
    May 18, 2008
    Thanks for the post, i've tried no group, analog channels, and all channels but neither seems to help :(

But please do keep these ideas coming MP-Community!

David

ShinZan

Portal Member
    May 18, 2008
    Just make sure that date, time, time zone, are all correct on the machine and leave the default settings on the xml import and config page…

Holy freaking crap in a hamster sack. That's exactly what the problem was. My date was exactly one month ahead but my time was always correct so i never thought anything about it. I never noticed i was in October not September until i explicitly looked following up on that post. NTP you get a fail....

Now my girlfriend has been making fun of me with phrases "oh the big bad computer programmer can't make it work" etc .etc. Then i pointed out that not importing data from the past is a wonderful feature but when there's no mention of it then its an undocumented "feature" and not helpful at all. Then she called me stupid again..... :p All I can say is wow. Thanks so much for everyone's hard work and input on this problem. And now let this be the first post on the internet about the xmltv plugin that your system date can throw off the whole thing. It makes perfect sense and i should have seen it before I just assumed ntp was doing its job thanks windows. Since i was only downloading 2 weeks of guide data and i was one month ahead it said, "nope no guide data is pertinent I'm aborting! "

I can't stop crying..... buckets of tears....I'm so happy....ultimate dance.....wahhahahahahah!

David

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Wow, we have all been there with being “to smart” to look closely at the simple things. So I guess as an old boss of mine used to say “check, check, and double check” that your system date and time and time zone are correct if you have any xmltv import issues. Glad I could help you find this issue.

Now to save you any future issues with the “windows time “ auto update , I was loosing the first few min of TV programs as my time had drifted, follow this post and have it update internet time every day…

How to change the Windows XP internet time update frequency
    The user can increase or decrease the frequency of updates by making a simple registry change. Add or change the SpecialPollInterval DWORD setting. Note the value is in seconds...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient\

For example the value is set to 86400 on my XP machines (that's in seconds), so the XP machines poll the time server once each Day.
    Update Interval Decimal DWORD Value (Seconds)
    1 Minute 60
    1 Hour 3600
    1 Day 86400
    1 Week 604800
    IMPORTANT: This procedure contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article numbers to view the Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
    256986 - Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
    322756 - HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP.
    1. On the XP machine, log on as an Administrative user.
    2. Go to Start -> Run and type regedit at the command prompt.
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient\
    4. Add or change the DWORD of SpecialPollInterval with a decimal value in seconds. See KB article 322756
    5. Go to File -> Exit
    6. Log off the Administrator account and reboot the PC.

ShinZan

Portal Member
    May 18, 2008
    Good post, I'll add that in today. Now after using the guide on this box it's clear i need to upgrade anyway though. I'm on a celeron 2.2ghz with 2 gb ram. It just doesn't have the ooomph to get the tvguide and tv going in a timely fassion, so im off to install the quad core vista box now.

Thanks again!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom