Problem retrieving movie info - hangs (1 Viewer)

hanslaros

February 12, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Same problem here. Only noticed after I did a full reintall of MP and started off with empty database, where I previously had used the existing db's after upgrades of either MP or the plugins. The movie importer of Moving Pictures hangs at a certain title. Also, it seems to be missing many titles that are present on the harddisk altogether. Didn't have these kinds of problems in the past. The same title hangs, seemingly at a specific importer: themoviedb.org. When I disable this importer, many titles are processed (about 250 of say 500), but then the importer (using mostly imdb and also local nfo files) simply misses many titles.

If I can help with providing logs, please let me now which ones exactly.

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm having this too. Seems to hang on a random file. I'd done a fresh install and it had imported all my existing movies OK. The problem occurred when I added a few more (I should add on our second machine, these imported fine, and both machines point at the same share).
    I blatted my DB thinking corruption, now it won't import anything :(

Log entries are:

23-Jan-2013 10:04:44 Fatal [ MovieImporter]: Unhandled error in MediaScanner. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Database.DBSourceMovieInfo.get_ScriptID()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Database.DBSourceMovieInfo.GetOrCreate(DBMovieInfo movie, DBSourceInfo source)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.DataProviders.ScriptableProvider.Get(MovieSignature movieSignature)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.DataProviders.DataProviderManager.Get(MovieSignature movieSignature)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.GetMatches(MovieMatch mediaMatch)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.ProcessNextPendingMatch()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.LocalMediaManagement.MovieImporter.ScanMedia()

hanslaros

February 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I finally managed to get the movie db filled up the way it was prior to the clean reinstall of Mediaportal. I did this by "feeding" the importer a few dozen titles at a time (moving the files to the watched folders while MovingPictures was open). I do not know why this apparently is workaround for the problem, but it seems to be a bug that comes up when doing mass imports.

It took me a full afternoon of trying to troubleshoot this problem and hours of importing the library to the state it used to be in. Rather frustrating, almost considered ditching Mediaportal/Moving Pictures altogether in hopes of finding a HTPC solution that didn't involve babysitting.[DOUBLEPOST=1358938619][/DOUBLEPOST]Since the problem seemed to be affected by changing the order of importers (or disabling certain importers altogether), could the problem be in certain grabberscript, rather than moviepictures routines or DB issues?

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Hmm, well i've just discovered that updating Mediapotal's own grabbers (in the Video config section) has kicked the MovingPictures grabber back into life- it processed most of my stuff, although as I type it's sat on one for a while... :|

This does seem to be related though.

hanslaros

February 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, well i've just discovered that updating Mediapotal's own grabbers (in the Video config section) has kicked the MovingPictures grabber back into life- it processed most of my stuff, although as I type it's sat on one for a while... :|

This does seem to be related though.
    I'm certain it is related: one of the grabbers in MovingPictures is "simply a copy of the moview db". So it its own grabbers couldn't pick up the data from the web, it could do so via de local standard movie db. At least, that what I can deduce by looking at the manual settings of the MovingPictures importer.

So the chances for this issue are increased by doing a mass import, but the issue itself seems to be one or several grabbers used by Moving Pictures (either than the "copy the movie db" one). The grabber that halted my imports several times was for "themoviedb.org".

Either the mass import contains types of movies (for instances with/without local nfo's, or foreign titles that are ignored mainstream grabbers and picked up by specialized ones) that trigger the problem, or one or more of the grabbers (or the online sources behind it) are buggy when flooded with requests. Just thinking out loud.

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    I'm 99% sure it's the tmdb grabber at fault. It's freezing up specifically on some "movies" which are entries I added to tmdb at the weekend.
    Weirdly, they did parse fine on Sunday on the other machine, so not sure if it's a config difference between the two or if something broke/changed between then and now.

I'm at work now, but I'll have to prod it some more later and try to work it out...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm of course using the IMDb+ scraper myself, but I also have TMDB scraper enabled to allow roughly 1% of movies in my collection to import, as well as the CDUniverse scraper for a different purpose :whistle:. The TMDB scraper is needed for the movies that simply do not have an entry at the IMDb site, but somebody did create one at TMDB.

I do however notice more and more with users that I assist in setting up their MediaPortal environment that at the default Moving-Pictures setting of importing with 5 threads simultanously it causes TMDB to freak out quickly and deny access. This will usually show up inside the movingpictures.log file with errors that it is unable to connect. Reducing to 3 threads in the advanced setting of MovPic tends to solve this problem without sacrificing a lot of import speed.

Does make me curious if the mass-import you test with works fine if you would use IMDb+.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I get this error using MediaPortal 1.3.0 RC and Moving Pictures 1.5.0.1454.

I made a 0 byte file to hopefully eliminate MediaScanner issues but I still get the same error.

In Movie Details Data Sources I enabled only imdb and themoviedb scrapers.
    The importer finds the movie on both scrapers. The movie is imported normally if I select imdb from the dropdown list. However if I send the movie back to importer and select themoviedb I get the error seen in the attached log file.

When disabling imdb and leaving only themoviedb enabled, the movie imports without any problems.

It doesn't matter if imdb or themoviedb is set to the highest priority. Themoviedb can only be used if imdb is disabled o_O

It doesn't happen on "Flash Gordon.mkv" but "TPB.AFK.2013.1080p.h264-SimonKlose.mkv" gives this error.

I hope this information is helpful in finding the bug.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I hope this information is helpful in finding the bug.

Heya vuego, the log file shows that something goes wrong, but it might help to run the exact same test with MovPic scraper-debug mode enabled. This might clarify in more detail as to where exactly it goes wrong. Log files are huge and complex to read when you do multiple tasks, so be sure to keep the test small and not do any extra tasks. After test is done you are wise to disable scraper-debug logging, unless you are crazy like me and have it running 24/7 :)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sure, here's the debug log. I just opened the importer, let it run for a minute and then closed Configuration.

This is where it stalls:
    Unhandled error in MediaScanner.PNG

Attachments

• Unhandled error in MediaScanner.zip
      44.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom