[no Bug] Problem technotrend dba driver stops working afer x hours (1 Viewer)

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Hello,

got the problem that after about one day the technotrend bda driver stops working while all other cards are still working. Also a tv-server restart don't solve that problem. Only afer a complet system restart the technotrend card starts running again.

So in the moment I set up a automatic restart with a shutdown batch but that can't be the right way to solve that problem...

By the way there are others with the same problem, see here:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rding-scheduled-recording-failed-often-87691/

Hope you guys can have a look into that problem.

Thx
Ramu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sounds like a driver problem because the tuner can't be used again until after a system restart.
    Your logs show that you are using the "pause graph" option. I would try changing to the stop graph option and see if it helps...

1. Open TV server configuration.
    2. Expand the "TV Servers" section.
    3. Under "TV Servers", select the name of the TV Server that the card is connected to.
    4. Select the Technotrend card.
    5. Click on the edit button.
    6. Change from "pause card" to "stop card" under "when card enters idle state do the following".
    7. Click okay.
    8. Restart TV server (should happen automatically, but make sure).

You will obviously need to test this for several days to see if it works. Please report back to let everyone know if it fixes the problem for you...

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Solution seems to be found

Hello mm,

after several day of testing, I can say that the desscribed problem seems to be solved. The system runs longer than before. Unfortunaly I can't say it's stable because the server crashes every 1-2 days with a unknown reasoon. Sometimes it's only a automatic reboot and the other times it's a real bluescreen with several messages, e.g. USB or IRQ Problems...

So I'm looking forward to the 1.2 beta to go on testing.

Thanks for Your wunderful work and support!!

ramu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmm, nasty!

I'm glad that my tip helped a little. You might want to try checking your system events to see if there is any information about the BSODs/errors reported there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom