atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I installed the Homecinema terratec's soft . I Programmed 5 recordings and all of them were ok!

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've had the same problem with some recordings recently. My gf got mad like hell..."I never have to record something, and now I do and only the first 10 minutes are recorded?! Also all these other errors....When are you getting rid of this *#@* software!"
    Apart from the bugs, it's the most complete allround media software i know and I want to stay with MP, but it's getting harder and harder to defend myself and MP...
    (If just the tv part would be working a bit more stable (live tv/recording/mini-epg/priorities) I would be sooo happy.)
    I hope I can find the time soon to report all my found bugs properly with screenshots and logs.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've had the same problem with some recordings recently. My gf got mad like hell..."I never have to record something, and now I do and only the first 10 minutes are recorded?! Also all these other errors....When are you getting rid of this *#@* software!"
    Apart from the bugs, it's the most complete allround media software i know and I want to stay with MP, but it's getting harder and harder to defend myself and MP...
    (If just the tv part would be working a bit more stable (live tv/recording/mini-epg/priorities) I would be sooo happy.)
    I hope I can find the time soon to report all my found bugs properly with screenshots and logs.

Are you using RC2 already? Your system specs show BETA. If not, please update first.

atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France

Hi kkendall.
    It's a pleasure to see that I'm not alone with this problem. :D
    Do you have a terratec 2400idt too?

I don't know anymore what to do.
    I'm in single seat. So I programmed 4 recordings. I turned off the client software. Same problem.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi kkendall.
    It's a pleasure to see that I'm not alone with this problem. :D
    Do you have a terratec 2400idt too?

I don't know anymore what to do.
    I'm in single seat. So I programmed 4 recordings. I turned off the client software. Same problem.

Could it be something as crazy as your card overheating when it starts recording? I know it is a bit of a wild guess, but it is not completely impossible. You could try running your system with the case open.

Have you ever had a recording work fine with MediaPortal and this card? Unfortunatley the team does not have an extensive collection of cards for testing.

Maybe you could try putting the card in a different computer (possibly with a different OS) for testing? Do you have access to a different TV tuner card?

I know how frustrating this is, but unless the team can spot a pattern, this sort of problem is very difficult to pin down. There are simply so many variables.

Mark

atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Mark,

Could it be something as crazy as your card overheating when it starts recording? I know it is a bit of a wild guess, but it is not completely impossible. You could try running your system with the case open.

-About heat, yes it could be possible, but I didn't have this problem with the soft "Terratec Homecinema".
    So ok,I will test the next recordings, case open.

Have you ever had a recording work fine with MediaPortal and this card? Unfortunatley the team does not have an extensive collection of cards for testing.
    - Sometimes the recordings works fine. But 60%of them are not ok.

Maybe you could try putting the card in a different computer (possibly with a different OS) for testing? Do you have access to a different TV tuner card?
    - Last september I changed the configuration of my htpc, new motherboard, processor, ram, graphic card. My problem existed before that, and still exists.
    I'm under Xp pro sp3. I don't have other os.

Maybe I will test Seven....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom