Problem using DVB-S (works only after DVB-T??) (1 Viewer)

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Hi there,

since Release 13 and now in 14 Pre-Release I have the problem that after start of MP I get the message there is no card aviable for DVB-S. (by the way it's only the Titan skin which shows up this message - on Default Wide HD there is only an messagebox without error message (in german language setting! Is there a translation missing?)

But definetly the DVB-S card is idle and no other work is done, so it must be free!?

After a while I found a nasty workarround. I have to switch to DVB-T (different card) chose a channel and after that I can go back to DVB-S and choose a channel and it works, but I don't knwo why???

Can You please have a look my attached logs, because in former releases every thng works well and I didn't change any hardware settup??? I'm not sure if this a development problem or a configuration thing???

Thanks
ramu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi ramu

Thanks for the report, and I hope you're well! :)

(by the way it's only the Titan skin which shows up this message - on Default Wide HD there is only an messagebox without error message (in german language setting! Is there a translation missing?)
    @catavolt
    DWHD bug here?

But definetly the DVB-S card is idle and no other work is done, so it must be free!?
    Actually the DVB-S tuner is not idle. At the time that you try to start viewing the channels, the tuner is being used to grab EPG:
    [2016-03-13 21:01:25,423] [EPG ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - Grab for card:#3 transponder #9/35 channel: AXN WHITE HD
    [2016-03-13 21:01:25,470] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvbs: Tune:DVBS:tv:pRISA TV AXN WHITE HD Freq:11686000 ONID:1 TSID:1032 SID:30214 PMT:0x409 FTA:True LCN:10000 SymbolRate:22000 Modulation:ModNotSet Polarisation:LinearV InnerFecRate:Rate5_6 DisEqc:None band:Universal Pilot:NotSet RollOff:NotSet
    [2016-03-13 21:01:26,845] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: find free card for channel ORF1

TV Server tries to stop the EPG grabbing to enable you to use the tuner for ORF1, but the cancellation takes too long:
    [2016-03-13 21:01:26,875] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: StartTimeShifting ORF1 1083
    [2016-03-13 21:01:26,876] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: epg stop
    [2016-03-13 21:01:26,888] [Log ] [24 ] [DEBUG] - CardReservationBase.HasUserHigherPriorityThanBlockingUser: False - user 'PCMedienserver' with prio=2 vs blocking user 'epg' with prio=4
    [2016-03-13 21:01:26,888] [Log ] [24 ] [DEBUG] - CardReservationBase.RequestCardTuneReservation: failed reservation tuningdetails=DVBS:tv:ORF ORF1 Freq:12692000 ONID:1 TSID:1117 SID:13001 PMT:0x3E9 FTA:False LCN:10000 SymbolRate:22000 Modulation:ModNotSet Polarisation:LinearH InnerFecRate:Rate5_6 DisEqc:None band:Universal Pilot:NotSet RollOff:NotSet, res id blocking=7668, state=Tuning
    [2016-03-13 21:01:26,888] [Log ] [24 ] [INFO ] - Controller: StartTimeShifting failed:AllCardsBusy

You continue to try to tune various channels, but the tuner is still locked.

Finally it is released and you could use it:
    [2016-03-13 21:01:46,262] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph

After a while I found a nasty workarround. I have to switch to DVB-T (different card) chose a channel and after that I can go back to DVB-S and choose a channel and it works, but I don't knwo why???
    It only works if you wait at least 20 seconds after tuning the DVB-T channel. The reason it works is that EPG grabbing is disabled when the DVB-T tuner is in use.

Can You please have a look my attached logs, because in former releases every thng works well and I didn't change any hardware settup??? I'm not sure if this a development problem or a configuration thing???
    It's a configuration problem. You need to delete and rescan your channels to fix the channel tuning details. Then EPG grabbing will not take so long and the tuner will not be locked.

Regards,
    mm

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi mm,

thanks, I'm well. Used MP for a long time without trouble ;-)) Perhaps you remember our DVB-S card problem. Later I found that it could be a power supply problem. After changing power supply at the server the problem didn't occour anymore. Perhaps the technotrend card needs a higher current...

So, thanks for Your quick and precise answer. I rescaned all DVB-S channels and the problem seams to be gone. Do You have a short explanation why the stored channel informations needed a rescan? Did the channelproviders change there broadcast system?

@catavolt:
    Displaying problem: Unfortunately now after fixing the problem I can not reproduce the thing, but in Titan the right error message was "Keine freie Karte verfügbar" in DWHD there is only an exclamationmark in a window on the upper left side but no text insight. Remember I didn't tested the errormessage in Englisch perhaps there is only the translation missing?

If your ar sure that the error message is the same as trying to use DVB-S card from different clients on diferent channels I can try to send You some screenshots....

Thanks for Your help!
    ramu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm well. Used MP for a long time without trouble ;-))
    Great! :)

Perhaps you remember our DVB-S card problem.
    Of course - how could I forget! :cry:

After changing power supply at the server the problem didn't occour anymore. Perhaps the technotrend card needs a higher current...
    Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info.

Do You have a short explanation why the stored channel informations needed a rescan? Did the channelproviders change there broadcast system?
    Channels moved to different transponders. For example, AXN WHITE HD:
    [2016-03-13 21:01:25,470] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvbs: Tune:DVBS:tvattachFull176937RISA TV AXN WHITE HD Freq:11686000 ONID:1 TSID:1032 SID:30214 PMT:0x409 FTA:True LCN:10000 SymbolRate:22000 Modulation:ModNotSet Polarisation:LinearV InnerFecRate:Rate5_6 DisEqc:None band:Universal Pilot:NotSet RollOff:NotSet

Now it is here:
    http://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=16
    frequency = 11435500, polarisation = linear vertical, modulation = DVB-S2 8 PSK, symbol rate = 22000, inner FEC rate = 2/3

Providers move channels from time to time to minimise broadcast cost etc.

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-16_11-39-29.png
      upload_2016-3-16_11-39-29.png
      95 bytes

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi mm,

unfortuatelly the problem is still there or back?? I deleted all DVB-S channels, updated the channelist and rescaned the satalite. Please have an additional look the the attached logs. Find also attached he screenshots with the missing error message in DefaultWideHD...

Best regards
    ramu

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 18 21.57.jpg
      ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 18 21.57.jpg
      34.8 KB
    • ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 18 21.57.jpg
      ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 18 21.57.jpg
      6.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    unfortuatelly the problem is still there or back??
    The problem is similar but different because this time nothing is wrong with the tuning details.

The problem starts when attempting to grab EPG for PULS 4 HD:
    [2016-03-17 19:39:59,344] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvbs: Tune:DVBS:tv:proSiebenSat.1 PULS 4 HD Austria Freq:11671000 ONID:1 TSID:1031 SID:5303 PMT:0x63 FTA:False LCN:10000 SymbolRate:22000 Modulation:Mod8Psk Polarisation:LinearH InnerFecRate:Rate2_3 DisEqc:None band:Universal Pilot:On RollOff:ThirtyFive
    [2016-03-17 19:40:10,226] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [DEBUG] - WaitForPMT: Timed out waiting for PMT after 10,0015721 seconds. Increase the PMT timeout value?

After that, all DVB-S/S2 tune requests give the same "timed out waiting for PMT" result. In this case it almost certainly means that TV Server is not receiving a stream from the tuner. My guess is that the CAM or tuner driver are at fault.

Probably the only way to avoid the problem would be to disable the idle EPG grabber and get your EPG via another source... or get a more reliable tuner/CAM.
    You could reduce the problem occurrences by one or more of the following:
    • increasing the "EPG grabbing while idle" "refresh every" setting
    • optimising the EPG grabber configuration (eg. under "TV Epg grabber" and "radio EPG grabber", tick minimum number of channels and untick "store data only for selected channels")
    • enable the PowerScheduler plugin to put the PC to sleep when it's not being used, and enable the expert mode -> advanced tab -> "reinitialize TV controller on wakeup" option

Last edited by a moderator:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Find also attached he screenshots with the missing error message in DefaultWideHD...
    Hi @ramu,
    pls try attached xml for DWHD ;)
    I made the space for the message larger, so if you see the message but below the message frame, we found the culprit:
    It seems that the message has an empty line in front of the text (or LF/CR), so it is not shown in the DWHD notification bar ;)

Attachments

• DialogNotify.xml
      2.4 KB

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Hi mm,

i'll have to come back to that problem. I have still problems watching DVB-S. It tells me that there is no free card and looking to manual control I can see a red row on the line of my DVB-S card. Clicking on that line I managed to see DVB-S for short time. What does that red line means?

Last time you said I have to rescan the channels. That solved the problem for a while. At that time I switch on channel movement detection. But I'm not sure if that helps. I can't delete and rescan the channels every week!? With older versions I did not have such a problem... Did You shorten that tmeout??

I have attached actual logfiles...

Regards
    ramu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom