[solved] Problem with Danish movies and series (1 Viewer)

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I've just installed MP 2.1.3 on a separate PC just to evaluate it before taking the plunge on my main HTPC currently running MP 1.16.

I've come across a problem with the scraper processing a number of Danish movie and TV series, all named in English, and providing Danish descriptions and episode information.

As an example The Killing is renamed Forbrydelsen, Below The Surface is Gidselsetagningnen and The Bridge is Bron. 1864 remains 1864, but again with everything in Danish.

Other foreign series and films seem to escape this treatment, Italian, German, French etc., but not Danish for some reason. Any ideas?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just installed MP 2.1.3 on a separate PC just to evaluate it before taking the plunge on my main HTPC currently running MP 1.16.

I've come across a problem with the scraper processing a number of Danish movie and TV series, all named in English, and providing Danish descriptions and episode information.

As an example The Killing is renamed Forbrydelsen, Below The Surface is Gidselsetagningnen and The Bridge is Bron. 1864 remains 1864, but again with everything in Danish.

Other foreign series and films seem to escape this treatment, Italian, German, French etc., but not Danish for some reason. Any ideas?
    Please attach generally log files, so we can see the necessary information, that are missing in explanations.
    Have you tagged your movies and series locally and have nfo files in every folder? If yes, do those files contain all infos in Danish?
    What are the settings you are using for the import? If the files are pre-tagged "Download nothing" is preferrable. You will also find language settings in the importer.
    Please check Wiki for details. If you still have problems, please come back here with log files attached. Thanks.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Logs attached.

None of the files are tagged and I have no .nfo files either. Everything in Settings > Media Library > Language settings is set to English (UK).

I originally thought that it was due to the soundtrack being marked as Danish, but in the case of The Bridge / Bron / Broen, which is a Swedish/Danish co-production, the audio track is marked as Swedish, yet the scraper still renames it to Bron (Danish) and gives me Danish episode information!!

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-06-15-20.10.25.zip
      2.9 MB

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I should add a correction, The Bridge aka Bron / Broen was actually in Swedish not Danish. So maybe the scraper is using the soundtrack language definition in the MKV file as an indication that it should provide program information in that language? If so, that's not a valid reason in my opinion. If someone has named a series or film using the English title and has English set as their language then it should also provide information in that language surely?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I should add a correction, The Bridge aka Bron / Broen was actually in Swedish not Danish. So maybe the scraper is using the soundtrack language definition in the MKV file as an indication that it should provide program information in that language? If so, that's not a valid reason in my opinion. If someone has named a series or film using the English title and has English set as their language then it should also provide information in that language surely?
    @henso, have you ever faced something like that? I didn't and his settings seem ok.
    @AlunS , the safe way is that you pre-tag your data with tMM or Media/MKV-Buddy. By this you ensure 100% correct data and reduce the import duration significantly. Next version of MP2 will also allow correcting specific MI's afterwards from within client.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I am getting the exact same issue with ripped DVDs. Foreign language films are named and scraped in the "native" language instead of English. I am a noob and this is a fresh install of MP2.13 so I was assuming I had messed something up. I can provide log files and further details is required.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am getting the exact same issue with ripped DVDs. Foreign language films are named and scraped in the "native" language instead of English. I am a noob and this is a fresh install of MP2.13 so I was assuming I had messed something up. I can provide log files and further details is required.
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you have logs from import? In best case debug logs.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Currently using the language track as the scraper language is 'by design', though I agree that it's probably not the expected behaviour. We can/should probably change this if @Developers agree?

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you have logs from import? I’m best case debug logs.

I can post them tonight, but it looks like the root cause has been identified in the post above?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can post them tonight, but it looks like the root cause has been identified in the post above?
    Yes, no need any more. The approach to decide the language by the audio track is not good and should be changed. For this we have language settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom