[confirm] Problem with detection of channel encryption (1 Viewer)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    But I'm reporting problem that when channel is detected as non-FTA and is set to FTA manually and still is not working. It's because TV service checks again if channel is FTA or not. And somewhere in this check is problem.

Edit: If your channels are marked as non-FTA and you set them as FTA and can watch than it's still annoying, but at least you can watch channel.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi georgius

So to clarify: the channels that you're trying to watch are actually encrypted but TV Server automatically detects them as FTA and does not attempt to decrypt them. Is that correct? If so, I know where the code is that could cause that. I think the problem is that we don't actually check whether the elementary streams are encrypted, and unless we are able to do that there will be ongoing issues. However, checking the elementary streams may be complex or slow...

mm

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    To clarify: The channel I want to watch is FTA (look attached dump raw TS file from IPTV filter), but TV Server detect it as non-FTA. Doesn't help manually changing channel to FTA in TV Server Configuration tool.

When I analysed stream I found that no packet has encryption flag, but in PMT is CA section. In stream aren't CATs. I think that channel should be marked as non FTA only in case that some packets have encryption flag, in PMT is CA section and in stream are CATs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Okay, so I think I understand the situation now. You can work around the problem by enabling the CAM on the DVB-IP tuner. Of course that will make TV Server think that the DVB-IP tuner can decrypt any channel - very far from ideal. The better solution is to check the elementary streams as some broadcasters do not set flags in the SDT properly.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom