Problem with Digital Devices Duoflex CT (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm thinking of buying a DUO or OCTO, and I have a question:
    If I get the OCTO+4 extensions, so that I have 8 tuners, I assume I have 8 coax connectors at the back-side?
    And what is the smartest way to connect them all to 1 incoming COAX from my tv-provider? My guess would be 8 T-connectors and 7 pieces of 5 cm length coax-cable ?

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I wouldn't go for 8 T-connectors. Try to find a 8-way splitter instead! They do exist.

orgabeke

Portal Member
    December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Nevermind. I figured it out, didn't properly connect the tuner and ci module to power. Me feels stupid... :oops:

Hi,
    I just bought a DuoflexOctopus CT to replace a no longer working FloppyDTV. I'm having problems getting my pc to recognize the tuner and the ci module. The base device is working properly according to device manager. I'v tried with just having the base device installed and then adding the tuner first and then the ci module, as per a post in this thread. Am I right in assuming I should see the tuner and the ci module in device manager?

The driver I installed is this: DigitalDevices-DVB-Driver-2.1.2.39-x64.msi. Do I need to download any additional drivers for the ci moduel and tuner? If so, please advise where to find those drivers.

I did find some tips regarding which PCIe slot to use and settings for a motherboard that I think is quite similar to mine. Changing the PCIe slot and changing PCIe clock drive to 700mv and frequency to 100 mhz didn't not solve the problem.

I've updated the BIOS to latest version.

In the DVB configuration program all optons are greyed out, except cancel. I assume if the cards were recognized I should be able to configure the different options here.

I do hope that I don't have to change my motherboard to get this working since I got a new mb just a year ago.

Any help will be greatly appcreciated. My systems details is current.

Thanks!

GB

PS. I have installed the modified tv server version to support the card, but

karakas

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2008
    Ok, so I keep running into an issue where I get "no signal" when I'm trying to scan for channels with my Duoflex+ Octopus CI setup, it's a bug that randomly seems to not be there, I had it working, but I was stupid enough to try and add a 2nd tuner, and then it showed back up, and now I'm screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom