[fixed] Problem with Driver Bender shares (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My Driver Bender(DB) shares do not show in MP2 so I can't import any media, normal shares on the same computer displays(Recordings in attached screendump of MP2). MP2 Service is running with admin credentials. No other software have problems to see the DB shares.

Attachments

• DriverBender.PNG
      DriverBender.PNG
      979.3 KB
    • LogClient.zip
      79.2 KB

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tested the latest alpha and MP2 can still not see my driver bender shares where all the media is stored. Other programs and computers has no problem with the shares. I can e.g. use them from a mac running Parallells where both OS X and virtual Win 7 can see them. I also use them in MP1 on the same computer that MP2 and Driver Bender is installed on.

I did an uninstall of previous MP2 versions and removed all leftovers. Restarted and did a new install.

Im still open for a TeamViewer session.

Attachments

• MP2 shares.PNG
      MP2 shares.PNG
      620.3 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Were all the shares setup thru Drive Bender?
    Seeing you can see 2 of the shares thru MP2 configuration, its looking like they are not allowed to be seen, and maybe because MP2 was installed after the shares?
    Are the permissions correct thru Windows?

Right click and get properties on one of them you cannot see
    Sharing_01.jpg Sharing_02.jpg
    Make sure of the permissions. if needed compare them to the ones that MP2 can see

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Permissons are correct for the DriverBender(DB) shares, e.g. the admin user 'Johan' is there and it's this user that is running Windows. The ones that work in MP2 are regular windows shares.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just throwing my two cents in but I have drive bender installed and running and am able to view the drive bender drive in MediaPortal 2.

Edit: are you trying to add these shares over the network or on your local machine? I have mine setup on my local machine. I can install media portal 2 alpha 4 on another machine and try adding that share to the server over the LAN.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the info mediacowboy.

It's on my local machine and it's shares and not drives. E.g. \\SERVER\Videos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom