[Bug] Problem with DVB-IP channels with changed SID or PID (1 Viewer)

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Problem with DVB-IP channels with changed SID or PID

[...] and probably use their own set-top-boxes to receive streams (at least my provider). [...] For example, my provider doesn't provide any playlist.
    Are you sure? I mean how does the stb get the channels? I don't think you have to copy a playlist to your stb manually :D

I'm not sure how many provider really use the dvb standart and how many use only "their" soultion to get it working. My plan is to write a litte tool that checks if your provider uses the dvb standart or not before implementing anything in the tv server. But as I already wrote: Something for the future. :)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Re: AW: Re: Problem with DVB-IP channels with changed SID or PID

Are you sure? I mean how does the stb get the channels? I don't think you have to copy a playlist to your stb manually :D

Yes, I'm sure. Of course, I don't have to copy playlist to STB manually. STB at start checks its firmware version at provider and if provider has newer version than STB updates itself.

But I think that our discussion is little bit out of topic and out of problem presented by Andrusha777. We should focus how to solve Andrusha777's specific problem, because simple rolling back changes doesn't help.

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    For example, my provider does not claim compatibility of his iptv to ANY type of hardware (set top box, mediaplayers and so on) it only claims compatibility to VLC. Provider gives to users playlist, also it make SAP Announcements, which VLC can handle. And this situation is very often here.

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Back to the topic: :D
    Andrusha777, can you please try to reproduce the problem and post all logs. unfortunately just tv.log is not enough. I had a look at the specific code and can't see why this isn't working. If the pmt pid changes, the tv server fetches the new pmt pid. Your logs show that the tv server did this, but that also failed.

Stepko

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It seems that the TSID, ONID and SID can change for Andrusha777's streams. The PMT tracking assumes that the other IDs would stay the same. It can't work unless they do...

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Ok, today I will find not working channels and try to rescan several of them from provider's playlist.
    mm1352000, you are right. When I rescan not working channel and it appears as new, in TV server configuration i select this new channel and can see, that Service ID has changed.

AlexPlas

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I suppose TvCardDVBIP class should first obtains actual SID, PMT and other IDs from the stream and then tune the channel

BTW why channels scanning take so long time for DVB-IP card, looks like one scan operation takes number of seconds specified in Scanning|PMT settings value

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

It seems that the TSID, ONID and SID can change for Andrusha777's streams. The PMT tracking assumes that the other IDs would stay the same. It can't work unless they do...

True for the current implememntation. But for dvb-ip it is ok that these ids mights change. A channel can be identified by it's name+servicename and not by its ids. I would like to see if it is possible to change that for dvb-ip.
    These days I'm trying to get an overview over the code. And it is much easier to find the correct part of the code, if you have the logs on your hands.

Stepko

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Stepko, here is the logs. I started MP, select channels number 13 and 51 - not working, then exit MP. Start VLC, find they are working in VLC, then start TV service config and scans only those 2 channels - take them from provider's M3U.
    The channel's name are the same.
    Those 2 channels scans fine.
    Here is all logs i can take from MP, TVService and ts writer reader. See logs from today date.
    Don't find how to make log files with special tool, which was in previous version, so simply put in zip all today log files and also m3u playlist for those new channels.

romka420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 13, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I wanted to join in and share my experience which is very close to Andrusha777's. I'm using win7-64; mp1.1.3. I noticed some channels stop working after a few days. First, I check to see if provider changed channel id=, which they didn't. Then i save channel details, re-scan, and notice a new serviceid, pmd, etc.. After a re-scan everything works great, but it is unclear why this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom