Problem with EPG query. (1 Viewer)

noonereallycares

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2

When the client queries the guide to find out what programs are currently on / up next, it uses the following:

Code:
idChannel,idProgram,starttime,endtime,title FROM program ...

Since the table names are in CamelCase, this causes a problem for my Linux-based MySQL server. Without knowing where this code resides, I don't know which file needs patching. Hopefully someone who knows this part of the code more will mbe able to shed some light on this.

The table name and field names need to be corrected. I found a copy of the query in my logs and did a search and replace to make 'program' into 'Program', 'startTime' into 'startTime' and 'endtime' into 'endTime'. The updated query runs perfectly.

Is there any chance of it being fixed in the final release of 1.1?

noonereallycares

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Melbourne
Home Country
Until there is an option to change this on just the MP database, I can't risk changing the settings on my server.

In any case, hiding the problem does not resolve the inconsistencies in table naming conventions. The lack of errors occurring on developers' setups is what lead to the variation in the first place.

It appears that the problem appears in more than just the example given. Even after copying the data into a lower-case version of the table, the information remains missing in the GUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom