Problem with External Subtitles (.srt) with mkv files (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I had this problem too, but I got it solved! I first used ffdshow subtitle filter and it worked with every other video file types well, except .mkv's. I had Cyberlink H.264 codec installed, for HD material in configuration->movies->player->H.264 codec. I changed it to ffdshow video decoder and voila! After that everything's been working just fine.

Only codecs needed for this:
ffdshow
.. and Haali Media Splitter is need to be installed also.

This problem is caused, because MP won't load ffdshow video decoder at all (if you don't have it as .H264 codec) when you start to watch .mkv files, so subtitle filter won't load also.

Best regards,
Hell_Angel

Ffdshow = no DXVA

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
June 17, 2005
Home Country
Finland Finland
That's true, but at least subtitles work. Have you tried to use different H.264 codec (powerdvd or coreavc for example) and then use ffdshow as post processing filter (with only subtitles enabled)?

Best regards,
Hell_Angel

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

SoundCave

Portal Member
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hell_Angel

You are right i try your solution before, but some mkv files give me some problem.
Previously i used CoreAvc and i think is more efficient and compatible then ffdshow.

Now i install the pack from Hoborg and i think it's pretty good.

I didn't think about the possibility to use ffdshow only for post processing it's a good idea too.

:D

SoundCave

Portal Member
September 3, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
X HOBORG

Yesterday evening i watch an H264 movie, when i try to jump forward MP freeze.

So i try to re-register CoreAvc codec and set it like default H264 decoder.Now it's doesn't freeze anymore but the
subtitles still function with Haali and DirectVOb Sub.So everything work fine.

Does your MPCVideo always work fine with H264 video?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom