Problem with media sources setup - (I Think) (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would seem that it is not happy with my media sources and continues to lock up now and again
    Unfortunately you didn't follow my advise to start debugging the share topic first. Now the logs are flooded with TV information.

What I believe to see is that you added D:\Movie - and according to the log you tried to add it twice. Anyway, the importer is reading the movie data. I am not sure what issues you have. Can you elaborate a little bit more?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Client.log file

2017-05-01 15:08:02,576] [491345 ] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Screen 'MovieFilterByGenre' successfully shown
    [2017-05-01 15:08:02,576] [491345 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [DEBUG] - ScreenManager: Showing screen 'MovieFilterByGenre'
    [2017-05-01 15:08:02,600] [491369 ] [DX Render] [WARN ] - GraphicsDevice: DirectX Exception, DeviceState: Ok
    SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x8007000E], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_OUTOFMEMORY/Out of memory], Message: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
    at SharpDX.Direct3D9.DeviceEx.PresentEx(IntPtr sourceRectRef, IntPtr destRectRef, IntPtr hDestWindowOverride, IntPtr dirtyRegionRef, Int32 dwFlags)
    at SharpDX.Direct3D9.DeviceEx.PresentEx(Present flags)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.DirectX.GraphicsDevice.Render(Boolean doWaitForNextFame)
    [2017-05-01 15:08:02,645] [491414 ] [DX Render] [WARN ] - GraphicsDevice: DirectX Exception, DeviceState: Ok
    SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x8007000E], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_OUTOFMEMORY/Out of memory], Message: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
    at SharpDX.Direct3D9.DeviceEx.PresentEx(IntPtr sourceRectRef, IntPtr destRectRef, IntPtr hDestWindowOverride, IntPtr dirtyRegionRef, Int32 dwFlags)
    at SharpDX.Direct3D9.DeviceEx.PresentEx(Present flags)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.DirectX.GraphicsDevice.Render(Boolean doWaitForNextFame)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Sharp DX errors are graphics rendering issues that are due to the (bad) graphics driver. The only cure that we have found so far is to upgrade to Windows 10 1703.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Unfortunately you didn't follow my advise to start debugging the share topic first. Now the logs are flooded with TV information.

What I believe to see is that you added D:\Movie - and according to the log you tried to add it twice. Anyway, the importer is reading the movie data. I am not sure what issues you have. Can you elaborate a little bit more?

The first of the three logs, (2017-05-01 - 14.08.23.zip), was taken after installation and the single 'Movie' source added, just as you requested.
    I cannot understand how TV data was included in it
    The following logs followed a lock up that I had to use Windows Task Manager to close MP2 and re-start it
    I believe I followed your insructions to the letter on this

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country

I assure you that in the first log, (2017-05-01 - 14.08.23.zip), the installation was completed and the Movie source was added once only.
    Nothing else was done prior to running the log
    Again I assure you that I followed your instructions on this

The TV tuning appeared to go without problems and live TV was working OK
    The problem occured when I tried playing the media sources from images and audio
    MP2 locked and was unresponsive requiring me to use Windows Task Manager to close MP2 and re-start it
    The lockup again recurred while playing the Audio sources
    The logs were taken immediately after re-starting MP2

I have no problems re-installing if you wish and running through this again
    Your help is very much appreciated so I will undertake any process you wish until you can see what is going wrong
    Regards
    TW

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    The Sharp DX errors are graphics rendering issues that are due to the (bad) graphics driver. The only cure that we have found so far is to upgrade to Windows 10 1703.

The graphics driver is the up to date nVidia for the HDMI card in the machine.
    I see you mention upgrading to Windows 10 concerning the errors breese has identified
    This would be no problem if you think it is the cause of the problems
    Regards
    TW

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I assure you that in the first log, (2017-05-01 - 14.08.23.zip), the installation was completed and the Movie source was added once only.
    Three has been some bug fixing around the double adding of shares. You will not see this in the coming final (give a few days until release).

The TV tuning appeared to go without problems and live TV was working OK
    That'S good to hear.

The problem occured when I tried playing the media sources from images and audio
    MP2 locked and was unresponsive requiring me to use Windows Task Manager to close MP2 and re-start it
    That is strange as there is no error message logged. Can you verify your Windows event log for any errors registered this afternoon.

The lockup again recurred while playing the Audio sources
    Maybe a codec issue. Did you define the audio codec to be used by MP 2.1? Check out the respective settings part. That said, we did some rework for the audio player and I fear it's not yet included in MP 2.1Pre2, but will be in the Final.

I have no problems re-installing if you wish and running through this again
    I don't think that this would improve the situation.

The graphics driver is the up to date nVidia for the HDMI card in the machine.
    No doubt. Unfortunately Microsoft has had some deeply buried issues with its Intel graphics drivers, for which Win10 1703 brought a remedy. While you would most likely eliminate this warning (and maybe some graphical glitches that you might have seen on the screen), it is unlikely that you audio player issues are in any way related to this. On the other hand, my personal recommendation would be to go for Windows 10.

In essence, if you hold on for a few more days - and maybe take advantage of the break to upgrade to Windows 10 - you could then try again with 2.1 Final.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    OK, I am happy to wait for the final and install Windows 10 in the meanwhile
    Thanks again for your continual assistance through this, it is very much appreciated
    I will await the new release and have another go
    Thanks again
    Regards
    TW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom