Problem with movingpictures categories (1 Viewer)

bighick

Portal Pro
July 6, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I did a fesh install (OS, MePo....everything) and I try to open Moving-pics and the only category there is trakt. How do I get all the old ones back (all, new, not watched...)? Sorry if this should have went into moving-pics but maybe its a bug?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: I think trakt broke my Moving-pictures

It seems unlikely, did you copy over an old movingpics database back to your system by any chance? Or a MediaPortal.xml?

There is a potential bug if you have a reference to a category id which we think is trakt but is not (this could happen if you do the above), I dont think it would remove all your categories though, at worse it would probably just add some categories under what it thinks is trakt or add a duplicate.

I would recommend unticking movingpictures categories from trakt configuration and then enter MovingPictures configuration and remove all categories that you see...MovingPictures will rebuild the menu. Then you can re-enable trakt categories and see if you see the problem again.

Your problem could be completely unrelated to trakt plugin. The reason why you may only see trakt is because we generate that on trakt sync.

bighick

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I started with a brand new fresh everything...no copy or anything.
    Deleting all the categories did work though
    Maybe the issue was that Trakt was enabled and the trakt categories installed before I created my database.

Technicolour

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    We can't create the categories without a database to built them in ;) (which if did happen, it would probably be handy for the Moving Pictures team if you could replicate it and submit a bug report).

But as ltfearme said, the only categories we touch are the ones that are referenced in the settings, which unless edited manually to change the id to another category, will only be the ones we create.

subhashish

November 3, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I faced the same problem (could see onky Trakt category). I did an upgrade t0 1.2 recently and also install trakt with create categories and create filters checked in.

I could see the default categories now after unticking the "Create Moving Pictures Filters" in Trakt. However I am still unable to see the custom categories that I had created (can see only the default categories)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom