Problem with OV 2.3.0.0 - Amazon Prime Video with audio but no video (1 Viewer)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I recently installed MP 1.16 Pre and OV 2.3.0.0 on my HTPC 2 (see system specs) and my gaming PC where I like to try out things (not in system specs). As I had troubles on my HTPC 2 with Amazon Prime Video (Germany) with the Silverligth Plugin (Error 1613) I thought it can't get worse and went ahead with MP 1.16 Pre and OV 2.3.0.0. I now do not have the orange circle anymore but the white one when starting a movie in Amazon Prime Video. At least OV 2.3.0.0 is an improvement and I get sound but no video. Screen stays blank.

Same goes for my gaming PC with Nvidia 580 GTX video adapter (MP 1.16 Pre, OV 2.3.0.0, BrowserHTML5 Player in Amazon Prime Video). HTPC 1(see system specs) does not have troubles with Amazon Prime Video (MP 1.15, OV 2.2.0.0, BrowserHTML5). Starts with orange circle and plays movies as expected with BrowserHTML5 setting.

I have attached MP 1.16 Pre Logfiles of HTPC1 where I start MP go straight to OV and start a movie in Amazon Prime Video. Then I close MP.

Just a feedback.

Cheers

Blue Max

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I recently installed MP 1.16 Pre and OV 2.3.0.0...
    Just to be clear since I remember you asked...
    Is this the official version of OV, or the unofficial one which I initially told you about in the 1.16 PR release thread?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    HTPC 1(see system specs) does not have troubles with Amazon Prime Video (MP 1.15, OV 2.2.0.0, BrowserHTML5). Starts with orange circle and plays movies as expected with BrowserHTML5 setting.

BrowserHTML5 mode is not supported in OV 2.2.0.0. The orange spinner indicates Silverlight player, a white spinner indicates HTML5 player ("read" the german thread for colour info...). If you in OV 2.3.0.0 choose Silverlight in settings you get the same behaviour as in 2.2.0.0.

@morpheus_xx the only thing I've done in the MP1 BrowserPlayer, and this has made my use cases work, is to use the IBrowserVersionEmulation interface to determine what value of emulation level to register when starting the browser application.

If I look at your MP2 player code I see that you also name the process iexplore.exe, is this a must to get Amazon Prime to work with HTML5?

@BlueMax1916 have you tried to clearing cookies and cache in IE (not Edge)? Well maybe clear both!

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Ministerk,

in OV 2.3.0.0 I choose BrowserHTML5 and get the white spinner.

In OV 2.2.0.0 I get the orange spinner when choosing Browser or BrowserHTML5. On my HTPC 1 I can play Amazon Prime Video choosing either one.

On HTPC 2 I could not. I always got the Silverlight Error 1613. Deinstall and reinstall several times did not work. I had the respective settings in Silverlight for DRM and hardware acceleration checked. So I opted to update to MP 1.16 Pre and OV 2.3.0.0. Choosing BrowserHTML5 there I get the white spinner and I hear the audio but the screen is black. Same goes for my Gaming PC.

About cookies: sorry, I forgot about that. But now I have deleted cookies and such from Internet Explorer and Edge. I did a test afterwards on HTPC 2. See attached logs. I started MP, went to OV, started a movie in Amazon Prime Video. On the first start it dropped back to the menu selection in Amazon Prime Video. On the second start I got the white spinner, then audio but a black screen.

Cheers

Blue Max

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BrowserHTML5 mode is not supported in OV 2.2.0.0. The orange spinner indicates Silverlight player, a white spinner indicates HTML5 player ("read" the german thread for colour info...). If you in OV 2.3.0.0 choose Silverlight in settings you get the same behaviour as in 2.2.0.0.

@morpheus_xx the only thing I've done in the MP1 BrowserPlayer, and this has made my use cases work, is to use the IBrowserVersionEmulation interface to determine what value of emulation level to register when starting the browser application.

If I look at your MP2 player code I see that you also name the process iexplore.exe, is this a must to get Amazon Prime to work with HTML5?

@BlueMax1916 have you tried to clearing cookies and cache in IE (not Edge)? Well maybe clear both!
    Yes, exactly. Only when the process name is iexplore.exe, the HTML5 mode is working. I think this logic currently only exists inside MP2.

The upcoming MP2.1 will also contain a new mode: Inputstream. This allows to play some of the Amazon content by internal player, including DRM support.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, exactly. Only when the process name is iexplore.exe, the HTML5 mode is working. I think this logic currently only exists inside MP2.
    Thx!
    Currently implementing this in MP1. @BlueMax1916: I'll post a version later on today. Maybe in the evening, depending on real life stuff.

EDIT:
    The upcoming MP2.1 will also contain a new mode: Inputstream. This allows to play some of the Amazon content by internal player, including DRM support.
    This someone more skilled person will have to handle in MP1!

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @BlueMax1916 can you try this OnlineVideos installer?

Please follow these instructions

1. Uninstall OnlineVideos from MPEM (MediaPortal Extension Manager), no need to do a full uninstall removing config
    2. Clear MPEM cache, from File menu in MPEM
    3. Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\ and remove the OnlineVideos folder (if present)
    4. Also remove OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.dll if present
    5. Download the zip, extract it and install the mpe1
    Edit:
    And of course test if the HTML5 player works...
    [Check if you have a iexplore.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\ to verify install]

Attachments

• OnlineVideos2.3.0.0.zip
      9.7 MB

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    To comment some of your information:
    So I opted to update to MP 1.16 Pre and OV 2.3.0.0. Choosing BrowserHTML5 there I get the white spinner and I hear the audio but the screen is black.
    Hope you also get a picture with the above mpe1 and not only sound!

On HTPC 2 I could not. I always got the Silverlight Error 1613.
    For this problem you could also use the Fix it for me utility from MS: https://support.microsoft.com/sv-se/kb/2608523
    You can also try the steps from Netflix support, https://help.netflix.com/en/node/106

In OV 2.2.0.0 I get the orange spinner when choosing Browser or BrowserHTML5
    That's because only "Browser" is supported in OV2.2.0.0

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Minsterk,

@BlueMax1916 can you try this OnlineVideos installer?

Please follow these instructions

1. Uninstall OnlineVideos from MPEM (MediaPortal Extension Manager), no need to do a full uninstall removing config
    2. Clear MPEM cache, from File menu in MPEM
    3. Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\ and remove the OnlineVideos folder (if present)
    4. Also remove OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.dll if present
    5. Download the zip, extract it and install the mpe1
    Edit:
    And of course test if the HTML5 player works...
    [Check if you have a iexplore.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\ to verify install]

success! I followed your instructions above and now I have audio and video too. Thank you for your assistance. I did this on my Gaming PC as I can do it on my HTPC 2 only when it is available - for me :whistle:

The only thing I noticed - and I remembered I encountered it before - that after installation of OV 2.3.0.0 and during the first run it would ask me if it could use the 'Windows Command Processor' to change something. It was a yellow window for elevated rights and I clicked on 'yes'. OV searched for new sites. After that MediaPortal stopped working and I had to resart it. On the second run OV searched for new sites again but then it worked as it should.

To comment some of your information:

Hope you also get a picture with the above mpe1 and not only sound!

See above. Will try it on HTPC 2.

For this problem you could also use the Fix it for me utility from MS: https://support.microsoft.com/sv-se/kb/2608523

I did this but it did not help. A deinstall and reinstall would not help either. Something is borked on that Windows Install. Once there was a notice within Internet Explorer - when I tried to run movies directly - that my DRM chain was broken or something like that and only SD content could be watched. One minute later on a second run it worked and HD content was presented.

You can also try the steps from Netflix support, https://help.netflix.com/en/node/106

I will keep this advice in mind. Thank you.

That's because only "Browser" is supported in OV2.2.0.0

Both made no difference to me on HTPC 1 still running with MP 1.15. It is working with both but with orange spinner.

Cheers

Blue Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom