Problem with "play record from the beginning" (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Ok, at least we know what. Not directly related, but is there an easy way con convert .ts files into something that VirtualDubMod accepts, so I can convert my recordings into DivX/MP3 AVIs? Because the reason to use the MPEG format was to easily convert them later. I know there is some Java program, but not very straight forward or easy to use.

I am not familiar wih VirtualDubMod, but I am very happy with MCEBuddy for .ts encoding to various formats (divx, h264, ...)

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    MCEBuddy isn't what I want, it runs as a service and since the PC shuts down when not in use, it wouldn't work.

But I found another program that is just perfect :) . It's Avidemux. It opens .ts files directly and with a few clics you can select the conversion type and get an AVI Xvid/MP3 or whatever you want. You can even cut sections. A very nice program for this purpose, highly recommended :) . I'm currently trying different deinterlacing filters to see which one gives the best results.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any luck with Avidemux?

I can't get the A/V synchronization right. Tried many things, including post-processing with ProjectX, but I either have sync problems or I end up with a file that MP chokes on ...

VdR

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I aply a -600ms audio delay, this makes the audio start 600 ms earlier. No other setting is needed, only activate the checkbox and use that delay. This way the audio is perfectly in sync no matter how long is your recording. I've tried several values and -600ms is the sweet spot here. I had to do the same in the older versions of MediaPortal with dvr-ms recordings and VirtualDubMod, so I suspect this is how it's broadcasted.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I meanwhile got ProjectX to work to pre-process the .TS file to fix the A/V offset before using Avidemux. I also changed to the ffdshow codecs in MP, now MP has no problem with the .TS files generated by Avidemux.

But I will try your suggestion, that would be easier.

ProjectX shows the A/V offset while going through the file. It shows that the delay builds up to sometimes more than 2 seconds ...

VdR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom