Problem with streaming (1 Viewer)

Jovi

Portal Member
October 8, 2012
Home Country
Finland Finland
^^ That did the trick !!!

Thank you very very much pünktchen :)

It seems that even if Ampdroid crashes server continues transcoding quite a while as cpu usage stays rather heavy for couple of minutes. My A8 3870K seems to handle 720p tv rips quite well, haven't dared to try 1080p clips yet :D now I just have to try which client works best in which device (stock player/MX Player/VPlayer/VLC).

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
August 5, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
I've the same issue! Streaming starts for 1 second and then stops, CPU goes up to 100%. But it is the same with Low quality and any VLC quality. By using MX Player the stream does not stop but it stucks again and again.
I'm using a AMD X2 250 CPU (dual core) with 3Ghz.
The stranges thing is that this worked for a long time! Any idea what have been changed?

Edit:
Just tested to stream via WAN (internet) and it works fine! How can that be? Does the limited bandwidth throtle the CPU usage of mpeg down?

Last edited:

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
August 5, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
I Just have done some more testing...
With my Motorola Defy CM9 (4.1 Ice cream s.) streaming works fine in LAN and WAN. FFMPEG.exe is at 40%-70% CPU-Usage
With my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 (4.1 Ice cream s.) streaming does not work from LAN and WAN. FFMPEG.exe is at 100% CPU-Usage

So it looks like this is due to a bigger resolution at the device???
Any one have a clou?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just a though, instead of transcoding the stream, why not just send out the raw stream like XMBC does? That would solve a lot of users issues with streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom