Problem with tearing using anything other than VMR9 (exclusive fullscreen mode) (1 Viewer)

zubovsergei

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I play all movies on my second display (1080p TV) that MUST be set to 24 hz refresh rate. This is because it is required to smooth out video as the TV processes the video and creates new frames which makes playback silky smooth (TV is 120 hz). Suffice it to say that having it at 24 hz gives alot of problems with tearing.

I used to play everything on media player classic homecinema which gives me the best performace and no tearing using simple OVERLAY MIXER.

With media portal, I have to use either VMR9 or EVR. EVR gives me very bad tearing. VMR9 exclusive fullscreen mode gives me smooth playback but then I cannot do anything on my main desktop display, since clicking anywhere automatically minimizes media portal.

Is there anyway to use simple overlay mixer for rendering with media portal or some other rendering method besides VMR9 or EVR?

zubovsergei

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for input guys. Okay so I re-enabled aero and used EVR. It fixed the tearing but certain videos now have skipping during playback. Using media player homecinema with overlay mixer gives me smooth playback always. The main mkv that has skipping is planet earth series. Also, I am using coreavc for decoding.

My system: 4.4 ghz E8600, vista 64 bit, 4 gigs ram, ati 4870x2, goes to TV via DVI to hdmi cable.

UPDATE: enabling AERO and using VMR9 regular mode (not fullscreen exclusive) FIXED tearing and skipping.

THANKS GUYS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom