Problems when upgraded to 1.0.2.0 (1 Viewer)

benze

Portal Member
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I recently upgraded from 1.0RC3 to 1.0.2.0, but am having difficulty with it. I find that it is not responsive to my remote as it was previously. When I now press a button on my remote, it sometimes responds quickly, othertimes may take 2-5 secs to respond. And pressing repeatedly just queues up all the requests, and after 5 secs, it just sends them all in one shot. I never had any such problems with RC3.

I backed up my App directory prior to the upgrade, but forgot to backup my Doc & Settings/all users/app data directory priror to the upgrade. I tried restoring just the App dir and deleting the all users/app data directory, but when I do this, none of the keyboard keys work any longer.

At this point, I'm looking for help to either restore functionality to RC3 (how do I get my keyboard to work again?), or help in figuring out why 1.0.2 is sluggish responding to the remote. In idle mode, I see MP using about 10% of CPU (it's a P4)

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I'm somewhat new to MP, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Eric

benze

Portal Member
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
So far no. Am hoping that someone can shed some light on the problem.

z3r0_burn

Portal Member
December 8, 2008
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have not noticed any change in the response of mediaport itself but after upgrading from the first release of 1.0 to the latest 1.0.2 (or where ever the 2 goes) last week I have noticed the configuration.exe and all plugins started from there will just hang for 5-10 seconds then continue to work like normal. The same problem as noted by benze happens in configure.exe for me, all the commands are queued up and run as soon as the app starts responding. I have not found a way around this and am just suffering when setting up TV-Series and Moving Pictures

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
you guys might wanna try posting a little more detail, like the make/model of the remote in question!

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    This issue may occur when the user start MP without previously configure Tv Server (Setup TV)...if this is your case please start Setup TV and configure the server,than start MP again.

z3r0_burn

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Home Country
    Thanks Pretoriano, I did not think to check that as I had not planned on watching/recording TV on this system. I will test that tonight and report back my results.

mdbarber, I am using a Logitech Harmony 890 configured as a standard MS XP 45 button remote (SMK RC-6 USB reciever) that came with my old PVR-150 MCE tuner card.

z3r0_burn

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Home Country
    Pretoriano: Thank you so much, I configured TV Server and now the configuration.exe tool works perfectly! Why would not setting up the TV Server cause random slowdowns in Configuration.exe? thats weird but everything thing works now and I have learned my one new thing for the day!

wildworld76

Portal Member
    February 3, 2009
    Home Country
    TV Service Hangs after upgrade to v1.0.2

just upgraded from version 1.0.0 to version 1.0.2 and had a couple issues with TV server/cleint after install. Worked great in v 1.0.0. Running XP Pro SP3 w/ a dual core AMD 2.6ghz/ 2GB RAM.

TV Server & Client are on the same box, the XP firewall disabled.

When XP starts, the TV Service hangs, does not start properly even after attmepting to manually restart the service. Once I open MP, the start up screen notes: "waiting for the TV service to start"

In the TV module, error is that it cannot connect to the database and to chk the windows firewall rules.

db is MS SQL Express
    .net 3.5 SP1 installed

HELP!! Any suggestions on how to fix?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    just upgraded from version 1.0.0 to version 1.0.2 and had a couple issues with TV server/cleint after install. Worked great in v 1.0.0. Running XP Pro SP3 w/ a dual core AMD 2.6ghz/ 2GB RAM.

TV Server & Client are on the same box, the XP firewall disabled.

When XP starts, the TV Service hangs, does not start properly even after attmepting to manually restart the service. Once I open MP, the start up screen notes: "waiting for the TV service to start"

In the TV module, error is that it cannot connect to the database and to chk the windows firewall rules.

db is MS SQL Express
    .net 3.5 SP1 installed

HELP!! Any suggestions on how to fix?

Start SetupTV --> general --> EPG and disable "EPG Grabbing when Idle" ...maybe will help ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom