Problems while streaming DVD's or Video files from NAS (Synology DSM 4.1 2636) (1 Viewer)

sincze

Portal Pro
September 18, 2011
Well thanks Infidelus and Synology Support. Both were able to help me.
I received the Synology patch through there support department.
I can confirm DVD PLayback in MediaPortal (and I've been testing 10... over 30 minutes) is finally working again.

However startup (time between press play and actual starting of DVD) does take several seconds..... Like 15 or so.

Attachments

• DVD Discs.PNG
    DVD Discs.PNG
    89 KB
Last edited:

Infidelus

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well thanks Infidelus and Synology Support. Both were able to help me.
I received the Synology patch through there support department.
I can confirm DVD PLayback in MediaPortal (and I've been testing 10... over 30 minutes) is finally working again.

However startup (time between press play and actual starting of DVD) does take several seconds..... Like 15 or so.

Takes me about 8 seconds to open a full DVD movie across the network from my NAS. A single episode of a TV show ripped as DVD format opens within about a second or so.

Beholder101

March 11, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@hoborg, I tested it yesterday. The loading of a DVD (if it loads, due to the Synology bug) takes about 8-9 seconds. I use the Moving Pictures plugin. I still have to figure out how i can load a single vob file using MediaPortal. But if i load a DIVX/XVID or other format (I don't have any Blueray yet to test with), it takes about 1 to 2 seconds to load.

As for the Synology problem, it still exists. I have reported my problem with Synology and received an e-mail asking for more details. After respondig to their request i have not yet received any new mail or info from them. Still hoping to fix the problem soon....

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Got same problem with DVD playback after upgrade to DSM 4.1. Filled support ticket yesterday, got email the next day (today):
The issue you encountered might be related to one known issue that is resolved within today's hot fix.
Please apply it via DSM update.
Applied this update - and viola - DVD stored in NAS Synology are watchable again!

Checked the release notes for this release. This could be an issue for MP:
Change log:
  1. Fixed an issue where the folder and file names were case-sensitive when you access them via Windows File Sharing.
  2. ...
So after short checking of MP code i found that it can really be an issue because checking for "VIDEO_TS" is spreaded in a dosen of files, and some of calls use the form "video_ts" (i.e. not capitalized). AS DVD standard always use capitalized filenames, it can lead to access problems as soon as NAS access protocol is case-sensitive.

So i feel i need fill a bugreport for that to fix all case-inconsistent string usage.
Anyone against it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom