Problems with ATI pro 550 (1 Viewer)

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I am the happy owner of an Sapphire Threatrix 550 Pro and have no problem using it with MP with last drivers from Ati. I must admit que image quality is a bit better than the one I have with my Hauppauge PVR-500.

mikesusangray

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
The graph that matches your devid is the one below from the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml.

You will need to change the 'commercialname' to match your card and also load the four filters into graphedit and check the pin number connections are a match to the filter graph below when you 'render' the filters in graphedit.

<capturecard commercialname="Sapphire Theatrix 550 Pro" capturename="ATI AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ven_1002&amp;dev_4d52&amp;subsys_a3451002&amp;rev_00">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
<tv>
<interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
<filters>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="ATI AVStream Analog Tuner" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="tvaudio" name="ATI AVStream Analog TV Audio" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="crossbar" name="ATI AVStream Analog Xbar" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="capture" name="ATI AVStream Analog Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="mux" name="ATI AVStream MPEG2 Multiplexer" checkdevice="true"/>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"/>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"/>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"/>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="3" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"/>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

Thanks!

Let's see.

After reading a couple other posts, I first tried installing a couple other driver version. Downloading things and rebooting a bit sounded easier than using graphedit and opening that xml, but since that wasn't the magic bullet, I'm now poking around in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml.

To make sure I've understood you correctly, here's what I think I need to do:

(1) Find the correct "commercial name" for my card so that the entry called capturecard commercialname="xxx" gets me to the right place.

(2) Type this name into the xml file in place of the Sapphire name.

(3) Use graphedit to find the correct pin numbers for the four filters - which are the fololowing: "Tv Audio," "Xbar," "Capture" and "MPEG2 Multiplexer."

(4) Check and (if necessary) correct the "sourcepin" numbers in the xml.

Assuming this is correct, I need some help finding that "commercial name." What I see in graphedit andwhat I see in my MP log is this:

"ATI AVStream Analog Capture"

Is that what I'm looking for? I don't see anything that has the words "commercial name" in it, so I'm a bit dubious. What I see in Windows Device Manager is "ATI Unified AVStream Driver." Is that it?

I've added my latest logs at the bottom.

Mike

mikesusangray

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
One other thing.

Here's a screen shot of Graphedit. I had a lovely time trying to make little lines go back and forth, though I don't have a clue why or what it all means. And I'm a little ticked off that I couldn't get any lines to go to or from the "S-Video" nub, since it's S-Video I really want to use, not the tuner. Still, here it is:

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

afaik, the commercial name is not importand. Just use one that fits your needs and is unique (not used in capturecards so far).

To graphedit: Its easier to "copy" a working graph:
    - start graphedit
    - start an tv app which works
    - in graphedit: File->Connect to Remote Graph
    - File->save graph
    - File->Disconnect from graph
    - Close TV app
    - Load the graph and check if it work: RUN graph

Flip.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    The information you have supplied shows the filters and graph can be built correctly BUT the error indicates MP can't build it with the information we have given it .

From graphedit choose the insert filter and expand the details of the ATI AVStream Analog Capture .

We need to know the pins that are assigned to the filter specificaly their numbering. How many pins are listed 0-n ? what is n

Don't be concerned about the svhs because this is done internaly by the filter from software .
    If you right click the filter and choose the filter properties you can see the crossbar associates

mikesusangray

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    Hi,

afaik, the commercial name is not importand. Just use one that fits your needs and is unique (not used in capturecards so far).

To graphedit: Its easier to "copy" a working graph:
    - start graphedit
    - start an tv app which works
    - in graphedit: File->Connect to Remote Graph
    - File->save graph
    - File->Disconnect from graph
    - Close TV app
    - Load the graph and check if it work: RUN graph

Flip.

Oh - I see!

Here's a new one.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Curious as to which application you were running to get the filter as No hardware mpeg encoding is being done by the 550pro with that graph build?

mikesusangray

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    The information you have supplied shows the filters and graph can be built correctly BUT the error indicates MP can't build it with the information we have given it .

From graphedit choose the insert filter and expand the details of the ATI AVStream Analog Capture .

We need to know the pins that are assigned to the filter specificaly their numbering. How many pins are listed 0-n ? what is n

Don't be concerned about the svhs because this is done internaly by the filter from software .
    If you right click the filter and choose the filter properties you can see the crossbar associates

Aha! This is great, btw - I'm really starting to learn stuff here!

OK, here's what I've found:

Under "ATI AVStream Analog Capture" I find first the filter moniker info:
    @device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1002&dev_4d52&subsys_a3451002&rev_00#3&61aaa01&0&58#
    {65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\{bc187864-4183-4dc5-9fe0-679a7a039975}

Then I find:
    Filename: ksproxy.ax
    Merit: 00200000
    +Pin 00
    +Pin 01
    +Pin 02
    +Pin 03
    +Pin 04
    +Pin 05
    +Pin 06
    Version 2

Clicking the +'s reveals a bunch of other things, though the information seems to be the same for all seven pins. But I won't start typing that out unless it's important.

Thanks!

Mike

mikesusangray

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    Curious as to which application you were running to get the filter as No hardware mpeg encoding is being done by the 550pro with that graph build?

Oh, right, yeah. That was Media Player Classic. I just tried connecting to Got All Media, but nothing shows up under "remote connect," although GAM is running. I haven't installed SageTV yet, and I don't intend to, but if it's needed I can try that one.

Peace,

Mike

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    GAM seems to make the graph non-public, so you cannot connect to it with Graphedit. That's an option a developer can choose when building a graph. No way to display it then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom