Problems with Audio / Subtitle selection for BD discs (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Btw: the statement that Direct Sound is for analog output is not true. Direct Sound routes the Audio to the designated playing device...
    What you say is true. I said it was analog because in your first log files the designated playing device was the "Lautsprecher (USB Audio)" device, which is an analog device, isn't it?
    [edit: To be clear, I never said that all DirectSound options are analog.]

Compare your first log files:
    Description: Lautsprecher (USB Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Description: DENON-AVRHD-C (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: No
    Default Voice Playback: No

...and now...:
    Description: DENON-AVRHD-C (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Description: Lautsprecher (USB Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: No
    Default Voice Playback: No

So to be clear, my point is not that you can't use the MP default DirectSound option. It's just that you have to adjust the settings to match the device.

If you select a digital output (eg. DENON-AVRHD-C (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)) or default output when Windows default is a digital output (eg. DENON AVRHD-C (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)) then you can enable bit-streaming.

If you select an analog output (eg. Lautsprecher (USB Audio)) or default output when Windows default is an analog output (eg. Lautsprecher (USB Audio)) then you cannot enable bit-streaming.

DaBaSe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Guys,

I see that you configured MP to use the MediaPortal Audio Renderer (MPAR)... but MP is not actually using it

Yes, you are right. I dont know what exactly happend:confused:. But i did a uninstall / reinstall of LAV-Filter. It seems, that is OK now (Shift+1). So i did a new set of Logs and also screenshot of my settings (MPAR and LAV settings).

The issue with the Framedrops happend anyway. And always at the same position.
    I yust see, that the Audiostream are marked as "deu", not as "ger" . Perhaps thats my problem with the Audiostream.

Perhaps you find something (y)

greetings
    Lars

Attachments

• LAV Audio settings.JPG
      LAV Audio settings.JPG
      65.5 KB
    • LAV Splitter settings.JPG
      LAV Splitter settings.JPG
      72.6 KB
    • LAV Video settings.JPG
      LAV Video settings.JPG