Problems with DXVA in MPC Video Decoder (1 Viewer)

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
I can confirm this. AC3filter fixed my problem with DXVA. I had stuttering like hell, and didn't have this with MPC-HC with AC3 filter. I installed the AC3filter, added MPC decoder to directshow filters, and disabled the FFMPEG stuff. Now it works great. If you notice tearing, enable Aero and Vsync.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I would also check all the fancy settings in CCC. I've used both Nvidia and ATI cards with DXVA and both control panels have options that shouldn't be available for the specific model of the card used.

Try disable all picture enhancement things and try to pin point your problem.

NikeNeGerek

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2008
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    solved?

Hi All,

I'm having exact same problem.

I want to ask who had this problem and solved; are you positive that this problem goes away after installing AC3Filter?

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    Yeah I am positve. The weird part though is, that after installing the filter, all of the sudden the MPA Audio decoder works fine (if picked) as well. But that can be because of the position AC3filter is in the system. Install it, and you'll see it fixes your problem :)

NikeNeGerek

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2008
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Unfortunately, installing AC3Filter didn't solve my problem. If i enable DXVA, it stutters like hell.

If i turn off DXVA, it plays fine.
    If i convert the movie to mkv, it works fine.

But avi, with H264 encoding desn't play smoothly :(

Any ideas?

Synthetic

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem occured for me only with mkv files, how did you recode the files? (encoder setting and version?)
    Because I assume it has something to do with the combination Ati + old encoder...

NikeNeGerek

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2008
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    The problem occured for me only with mkv files, how did you recode the files? (encoder setting and version?)
    Because I assume it has something to do with the combination Ati + old encoder...

I didn't really 'encode'. Just used mkvtoolnix to put video in mkv container.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom