Problems with Live TV (1 Viewer)

tanquef

Portal Member
October 30, 2012
General San Martín, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Hello guys, i have a problem that after reading many posts, couldnt find a solution so i will check with you to see if there is a workaround.

i installed the last version of mp on my win 7 sistem, and my tv card is a hauppauge wintv pvr 150...

with the TV Setup, the tv card shows up, and scan all the channels without an issue...the problem comes when i go to the MP and try to watch any live channel...when i click on tv, the system hangs for a few seconds, and then i sign shows up telling me that there is no software decoder installed...however this card has a hardware mpeg2 decoder, so i cant understand why it keeps asking a decoder...

based on another thread, i´m attaching my dxdiag config and also the files on the log folder...

any help would be really really appreciated!!

thanks

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    31.5 KB

tanquef

Portal Member
October 30, 2012
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Thanks for the reply

i'm using version 1.2.3

I have installed the wintv 7 program, also cyberlink powerdvd and windvd soft, however none of them appear on the TV Setup codecs priority list as installed...

i've found a post here with a package to install the codecs, however on each codec there is a filelist to fill, and none of all the codecs that i've downloaded are able to fill any of the lists... so i'm kind of screwed here...

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your card has a hardware ENCODER so does not require the software ENCODERS you installed.
    But for MP to play anything it needs software DECODERS like MS-DTV and LAV. The dialog that came up means that it is missing a decoder which is strange as Win 7 comes with the MS-DTV codecs (decoder) installed. Check you codec settings in MP config>Codecs and Renderer>TV codecs, it should look like this link in the wiki.
    If that does not work then attach full logs as described here, it should make it easier for others to help.

tanquef

Portal Member
    October 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    Your card has a hardware ENCODER so does not require the software ENCODERS you installed.
    But for MP to play anything it needs software DECODERS like MS-DTV and LAV. The dialog that came up means that it is missing a decoder which is strange as Win 7 comes with the MS-DTV codecs (decoder) installed. Check you codec settings in MP config>Codecs and Renderer>TV codecs, it should look like this link in the wiki.
    If that does not work then attach full logs as described here, it should make it easier for others to help.

I change all the codecs to microsoft dtv, but still i have a no audio/video message when i start tv

here are the logs, i made both options on debug mode

thanks in advance

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    2012-10-29 21:45:47.270121 [(15)]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionSWEncoderMissing: No audio compressor filter found. You must install a supported audio encoder!
    en TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.Components.Encoder.CreateFilterInstance(IFilterGraph2 _graphBuilder, Tuner _tuner, TvAudio _tvAudio, Crossbar _crossbar, Capture _capture)
    en TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()
    it means that you have to setup audio ENCODER as explained here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rs/7_Scan_Analog/Software_Encoding_Card_Setup and here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I do not have a PVR150 but am sure it has a hardware encoder like my hvr2200 and does not need any software encoders. Hopefully another PVR150 user will confirm this. But it appears that there is an audio problem, your tv logs show
    Code:
    card: WaitForTimeShiftFile - no audio was found after 15,0028582 seconds
    What is causing this I do not know.
    Have you used other software (WMC,WinTV) did it work it those? Was there sound?

tanquef

Portal Member
    October 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    2012-10-29 21:45:47.270121 [(15)]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionSWEncoderMissing: No audio compressor filter found. You must install a supported audio encoder!
    en TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.Components.Encoder.CreateFilterInstance(IFilterGraph2 _graphBuilder, Tuner _tuner, TvAudio _tvAudio, Crossbar _crossbar, Capture _capture)
    en TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()
    it means that you have to setup audio ENCODER as explained here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rs/7_Scan_Analog/Software_Encoding_Card_Setup and here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General

Check both wikis, i just downloaded and installed the Mainconcep MCE Encoder and Power Director to get the cyberlink encoder...

however, on the TV Setup, General Tab, every codec appears as NOT installed... what i´m missing here?

on the codec part of the general config app, at the TV Codec tab i can choose the Mainconcept codec, but still its not installed on the TV Setup, and i still have the same error...[DOUBLEPOST=1351648072][/DOUBLEPOST]Can Someone PM with a zip of the codec files that should appear on my Media Portal TV folder?

i dont see any other solution here...

Last edited:

tanquef

Portal Member
    October 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    I do not have a PVR150 but am sure it has a hardware encoder like my hvr2200 and does not need any software encoders. Hopefully another PVR150 user will confirm this. But it appears that there is an audio problem, your tv logs show
    Code:
    card: WaitForTimeShiftFile - no audio was found after 15,0028582 seconds
    What is causing this I do not know.
    Have you used other software (WMC,WinTV) did it work it those? Was there sound?

I had to uninstall wintv, cause i think their TVService enters in conflict with the MediaPortal TVService...

if i uninstall everything and start over installing wintv first, i can watch TV with WinTV, but i cant do it once i install Media Portal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom