[fixed] Problems with Movies section (1 Viewer)

Boehamian

Portal Member
April 21, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi guys,

Would like to quote you on what a good job you have been doing with MP2.

I have found a few bugs. It is within the movies section and has something to do with the cover art.

Some of my movies won't display there cover art (not sure how it gets the cover pictures), and when I go to a movie that does not display the cover art it shows up cover art of the previous movie that was last selected that did have the cover art (check attachment MP2 problem 1.png).
MP2 problem1.png
Next problem with the movie section is that the filters, and sort by "options" keep showing on the left. One skin I can click show all and it will disappear and the other skins it won't disappear at all. Just wandering if this is a feature. (check attachment MP2 problem 2.png). Current skin that I am using is reflection skin.

Also would like to know is the other skins meant to have the views like in picture 1?
MP2 problem2.png

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some of my movies won't display there cover art (not sure how it gets the cover pictures), and when I go to a movie that does not display the cover art it shows up cover art of the previous movie that was last selected that did have the cover art (check attachment MP2 problem 1.png). MP2 problem1
    Thank you for reporting this! It worked before, but the new implementation didn't consider missing images correctly. This issue is fixed now and will be part of upcoming Alpha 2 release.

Next problem with the movie section is that the filters, and sort by "options" keep showing on the left. One skin I can click show all and it will disappear and the other skins it won't disappear at all. Just wandering if this is a feature. (check attachment MP2 problem 2.png). Current skin that I am using is reflection skin. Also would like to know is the other skins meant to have the views like in picture 1?
    "This behavior is by design" ;) This means the skinner can define which layout to use for which kind of content. I decided to use the "Panel Layout" only for movies and collections, but not for simple grouping filter items (as those don't have own images and descriptions).

If you look at titanium skin you see another possibility: there is the menu always slid out on left side. Both ways have there advantages and disadvantages.

I only encourage skinners to develop new ideas and implement them in MP2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom